One week post op for posterior repair surgery advice needed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I had a posterior repair surgery last Monday. From a copy of the letter I had a grade 1 uterine prolapse and a grade 3 rectoenterocele which was different than the grade 2 rectocele I was going in for, but other than being in terrible pain I had my first bowel movement on Saturday and lost alot of blood after, fresh blood, called ward and they said see how I am, bleeding yesterday but not fresh blood, after an uncomfortable night have had bowel movement this morning now I feel prolapse is back sad Please any advice on is this normal? I'm so depressed it's failed sad

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to jump in Donna, but no baths yet, you can get an infection in your stitches, think it's around six weeks. Matron will be back to let you know.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I shall wait for six weeks to have a bath! I wish they would provide you with this information but they didn't! Thank you for your help x

• Posted

Hi Donna. I just wanted to add a walking for opening bowl.

Softner didn't work for me. Some of my friends adviced me to walk around. Just walking in the house.

And yes, Walking on foot made my bowl opened. Hope this helps you Donna.

• Posted

It depends on the stool softener and if doesn't work you increase the dose, it's perfectly safe to do so. Some patients are under the impression that Lactulose is a stool softener which it isn't. A stool softener and a laxative in the early days is the safest option especially when in the first 2 weeks you should be resting.

• Posted

Hi Matron, I'm having lactulosa and carbonatum of magnesia, and it isn't working well, yes, I've gone to the bath a couple of times since my op (6'days ago) but I still feel full. I had to take a laxative one night but I wonder if I can have it more often just for the first weeks. I'm eating vegetables and fruit and drinking water but the repose is terrible for constipation. Thanks for your help!

• Posted

Hi Hijadeonagro. How much Lactulose are you taking and how often? You can take other laxatives with the Lactulose as well x
    • Posted

Hi Matron sorry to bother you so late. I'm having one envelope of lactulosa in the morning (empty stomatch) and another in the night (2 h after dinner). Mixed with a bit of juice and afterwards a glass of water.

• Posted

I'm not a fan of Lactulose to be honest. I would take another laxative with it such as Senokot or Dulcolax and if you can get a stool softener as well that should help.

• Posted

Thanks Matron I will switch to another one tomorrow. I have Dulcolax in Spain. Thanks!!!!
  • Posted

I had terrible problems passing a BM-it was on 12th day and gave me a haemmarhoid. The GP prescribed Lavido which used to be called Movicol which works much better than the Lactulose they had given me at the hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.