Ongoing glans and meatus irritation (since August 2019)

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am uncircumcised and the head of my penis (glans and meatus) have been irritated for several months. It burns when I pee, and the tip of my urethra tends to keep burning and even itching for several minutes afterward. The glans stay dry and kinda sticky to the touch, and itch frequently. Sex or masturbation (or even just an erection) makes the glans appear really red and wrinkly, even a bit shiny, but no skin is flaking or anything. Itching (and sometimes burning) is intense even minutes after ejaculating. I have a slight off white/yellowish discharge from the meatus several times a day, literally about one droplet, it resembles the consistency of pre-cum.

I have seen two urologists and a dermatologist. urine and blood have been tested , STD tests, had a cystoscopy (camera through the urinary tract/bladder) come back normal. Have had Doxycycline and another oral antibiotic, anti fungal and anti yeast topical creams, nothing seems to help. Have tried Moisturizing with coconut oil thinking it would help the dryness. Basically I’m out of options as far as doctors that will see me with my insurance.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

had similar problem, penis gets red after masturbation but goes away after i take hot shower and put fungal cream, doctos said balanitis

• Posted

same problem, had all anti fungals anti bacterials hasnt gone away, looks identical to your first pic all inflamed and flares from masturbation also looks worse in hot shower, had it for a year

will keep you informed of any progress, my issue looks closer to yours as any other pics iv seen on this site i believe its the same problem

have you had any breakthroughs with it?

• Posted

i have this exact same issue. started after unprotected oral sex.

• Posted

Hi!

I have a similar situation on penis, do u find any solution?

• Posted

I have had the same thing for 5 months now around 4 days after protected sketchy sexual encounter. After urethral swelling came red inflamed scrotum, perineum and slight anal burning. Penis seems wet and wrinkly and when it dries skin on glans looks like it is about to peel. Lots of people with same problem. Everyone got tested for everything and taken every antibiotic possible and no real recovery. I am starting to believe that what we have might be herpes but the kind that does not show regular symptoms in us all. Two doctors told me it is not herpes because there are no sores but 80% of people have no symptoms. My test have shown positive for herpes but did not say which HSV1 OR HSV2. I have had lower back pain in the morning and tingling in feet all last month too. Constipation started in month 3. I am pooping pellets which is another recently found symptom of herpes in humans as it kills nerves in your digestive tract. I think that it also messes up with our pudendal nerve and hence something wrong with blood flow to the penis which seems colder when not erect. I hope it is something else and treatable as we all do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.