Only 41, feel like my life is over

Posted , 23 users are following.

hi everyone,

the last year has been worst year of my life. I started having symptoms in my late 30s. fatigue, anxiety like I never had before, insomnia. I got sick at 37 the day before my period started that left me with loss of appetite, off balance, sensitive to sound. i eventually felt better but never the same. I would wake up in the morning with flu like symptoms, diarrhea, watery red eyes and burning in my arms. went on birth control and felt a little better. but then on my 40th bday weekend i got really sick with nausea and fatigue and since then I.ve been pretty much debilitated. I had morning nausea for months, lost 40 lbs, gastritis and started having tons of Neuro symptoms with tingling, burning, numbness, even stinging. the adrenal surges and depression have been horrific. My skins changed, much thinner. my face is red, have malasma. my whole body is hot all the time now. have burning, stinging on my tonge, arms, hands and now legs. the scariest part is not being able to stand for long without feeling weird, dizzy and getting more hot with brain fog. them when I do sit down i have an overall feeling of malaise and just being ill. just from mopping the floor and vacuuming I can wake up the next day feeling dreadful with the burning, stinging, weakness and feeling unwell. it's ruined my life. thank God I work from home or i don't know what I'd do. I have 3 children, one grown who lives with me b.c of all this and 2 in high school. I.ve been to every doctor possible with no real answers so I know it has to be hormones but I still can't believe it. I.m almost 3 mos on BHRT and it's helped some but not nearly enough to stop the suffering and constant discomfort. I've never been this scared or suicidal in my life. I.m in the US but feel i relate more to the posts here. I.m so scared I won't get better or make it until I do. hugs to everyone out there suffering like this. i don't understand any of it 😦

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I understand how you must feel..i was once in your shoes believe me when I say I was. As I sit here two years later Im no where near where I was two 1/2 years ago. I can say that I am much better..Im not 100% but no where near where I was. It does get better. I know you say that you 're on hrt or you on hrt or bhrt? Have you heard of cycling your bhrt? I will pm you a group on FB that a nurse practitioner has on cycling the hormones. She says the reason Why many women do not have good results because it's being cycling wrong. Many are having great results from.her. Will pm you the info if you 're interested.

• Posted

You say you were horribly sick too and you finally feel better, how look were you sick for? This started for me about 8 years ago total but the hardcore constant nausea that seems to never go away started about 2-3 years ago. Its like i never get a break from it, like yesterday i was too sick to eat all day finally by evening the nausea went away enough for me to eat peanut butter amd crackers although i still didnt have an appetite, but i wake up this morning with no appetite and nauseated all over again! I dont think ive had one full day when i dont have nausea or loss of appetite and i feel like i cant take it anymore! If i knew this hell would get better maybe i could try to hang in there but its getting to be way too much now!

• Posted

That should have said how long were you sick for, i hate their typing system!

• Posted

Nice to know ur better mam.

ur reply gave me motivation that hang is there.

• Posted

Could you private message me the nurse info too? I can't find a doc who has a clue about how to balance my hormones, esp without causing massive weight gain. Thanks!!!

• Posted

Brandy if you follow all my postings on here you will see that I was pretty messed up. I had alot of digestion issues too and the I still have it but no where near like before. I managed to watch what I eat and even drink. I drink mainly water. I lost over 30 pds and still can't seem to gain it back. But been trying to gain my muscle by lifting weights and strength training. I can't believe that I just wrote that..wow! doing any type of exercise was in heard of for me. I was too I'll to do anything. Im still pushing forward to get even better. Another thing Brandy I do t know how your faith is but I Im working on me also..spiritually and emotionally. Going through peri helped me to see that some of my symptoms could have been coming from me needing to detox some built up emotions or my past. Like I said im still working to get better. I stopped all hormones or anything that was a hormone trigger..oh i almost forgot this one. I had amalgams fillings and removing them also made a world of difference. Many things are intertwine with worsening our peri symptoms. Im still a work in progress.

• Posted

Lkl2019

I feel your pain. When I was 36 years old, I got very sick. I started having panic attacks all out of the blue. My periods would come one month and skip the next. They did that on and off for the next several years. I would get real sick at my stomach and couldn't eat anything. I started losing weight. I was so sick that year that I thought I was going to die, and with the panic attacks, I thought it would be a welcome relief. They put me on medication for my panic attacks and they actually helped me for about a year. After that, they didn't work so well and tried me on other meds, but they made me feel worse, so I stopped taking anything. I went to the doctor, and he checked my thyroid and did several other blood tests on me, but everything came back good. They just thought I was suffering from depression and had an anxiety disorder. I finally found out that my hormones were causing all of my problems. I would have good days and bad days. I still do. I am 53 years old right now, and have had every symptom of peri that was on the list. I just try to deal with them as they come, and they do eventually leave. Please don't give up hope. There will be brighter days ahead. If you are feeling suicidal, you really do need to seek help. Nothing is worth harming yourself over. I saw where the moderator listed several organizations that can help you. Don't give up on yourself. We are all here and going through much the same thing. This forum has been a God send for me. Let us know you are ok. You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs for you. It does get better.

• Posted

Good Morning Sherri, This is a very nice post, thank you for sharing. It hurts my heart when I hear stories like yours, of continual misdiagnosis. I was at an estate sale the other day and a woman, probably in her late 50s, was saying this menopause and perimenopause is really starting very early with women now. And I told her I said I know I hear this all the time too. I mean it’s 2019, what irks me so bad is, millions of women are going through this and having the same experiences, you had, I’m not even gonna say thousands, as it’s all across the world, and it seems like every physician purposely plays the dumb card to make money off of us. I ran into a teacher from high school and she told me her sister-in-law or sister was having the SVTs only she didn’t know that’s what they were, and she had upwards of $10,000 in testing. She was the quintessential age that it starts and you know that the medical field knows this. I mean it really is a merri go round. I am 53 as well and those were reassuring words that you thoughtfully gave her 😃 It does get better, thank God! I only wish I would’ve found this for him years ago, I thought it was the stress of serious situations with my family and it was perimenopause all along. thank you again for your positive contribution and have a great day 😉

• Posted

Morning LKL, I forgot to ask you do you still have the gastritis? I have gastritis and it flared up something terrible during perimenopause I mean it was off the charts I thought I was going to die. Google fructans and sensitive stomach. I had homemade pesto a couple years ago and there is fructans in it, tore my stomach up. several years ago I had a garlic salad it was literally crushed garlic with olive oil and I had an upset or flare of gastritis for two months. I know you know this by now, but it’s very crucial to watch your diet and to be aware of the triggers. I just found a list of them in my notes field of my phone, along with a list of good foods for it. I know a friend of mine that had a lot of stomach problems drink Keifer( spelling maybe wrong)

avoid these foods with gastritis:

• Dairy (other than organic yogurt)
    • Soy
    • Corn
    • Grains
    • Gluten
    • Potatoes
    • Processed foods
    • Sweets
    • Sodas
    • Excessive coffee drinks
    • Energy drinks
    • Foods with trans fats

Foods help gastritis:

• Ginger.
    • Apple cider vinegar?
    • Turmeric.
    • Oregano.
    • Cranberry juice.
    • Pineapple (bromelain)
    • Beet juice and/or carrot juice.

Keep your chin, it will get better;)

• Posted

had the gastritis over a year ago, had it for at least a few mos. I used prilosec or something like that but didn't help too much. probiotic, ginger tea and activated charcoal helped.

• Posted

Hey,

Sad to hear how much you are suffering, sending lots of virtual hugs your way. I am 51 and post menopause atm. I have had a bad time with the whole lot - dizziness, sleeping bad, could not exercise due to feeling so ill and off balance (I was a Gym Instructor!!). I did change a few things which has helped me but it has been a long struggle. I love being a mum but think I will still come back as male next time around!!!

• Posted

I loved being female before all this as well....including birth to 3 kids. I had fairly easy pregnancies and deliveries...never had bad periods etc. I'd take all that over this phase any day.

• Posted

Lucky you lol. I had horrible periods since I was 11 and then a giant fibroid and now this perimenopause BS ... fat ugly with hair shedding

• Posted

I am so sad to hear your pain and how much you are suffering. I hope you find some relief soon. I just can't believe how long it can drag out. The pre-menopause was about 5 years for me and now I am post-menopause. Still got the dizziness if I push myself too hard. Can't exercise like I use to but I should be greatful I can move at all I guess. Please take care and look for any positives whatsoever. Virtual hugs your way xx

• Posted

That's horrible Hon, a stupid fibroid on top of menopause!! That sux hugely!! Yep, I remember my hair falling out, my hair is still shredding. I get really anxious so I can't stop myself scratching my head which contributes to the hair falling out. Nobody is fat and ugly, especially you. You are going thru a major change, don't hate your body. Your body needs your love right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.