Op cancelled last minute

Posted , 12 users are following.

All packed and psyched for tomorrow morning to get a phone call saying they have probs with list and its been cancelled and they'll send new appointment out. All planning for kids, hubby changed all his on call shifts and holidays..... I'm not a happy bunny right now. sad I know it can'tbe helped but seeing as i was told in November that latest they wanted to leave it was April makes me wonder what else they telling me that's wrong rrrrrrr sorry needed to vent!

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh dear that's horrible. I know what a tense time it is and so much planning needs to be done beforehand. 

Hope you get a new date quickly. 

Chin up xx

• Posted

Noooooooo!

What a pain after all your preparation and probably geeing yourself up too.

I am sure that if you are in the UK and your Hospital is an NHS trust that there are certain specific timescales for delivering a service. If the Trust doesn't fulfil the deadline the get penalised.

Have they given you any indication of new date?

I am sorry that you are having to jump through these hoops at this difficult time.

Perhaps speak to your GP because effectively they are the Budget Holders and perhaps you may get offered another choice of hospital ?

• Posted

So sorry about that. Can you find out if you are down for a new date? My operation was postponed, though only by 2 days, so I know how frustrating it is.
  • Posted

Thank you. I've asked them to look at any cancellations and they are going to let me know tomorrow if it can be sooner rather than later. I've got holiday booked in August and id ike to be at least a month into recovery before I go and I really Dont want to wait til after as want it over and done with now x
    • Posted

So sorry to hear about your cancellation,I can't imagine how you are feeling.I think you have to be offered a new date within 28 days.Have you spoken to the consultants secretary?Are you going abroad in Aug or staying in this country? I can't remember what type of op you are having.Either way you do need time to recover even if you are feeling great and if you are flying I don't know what the guidelines are about this following the operation.

Good luck

xxx

• Posted

Thanks Theresa. It was his secretary that called me this afternoon. Waiting for admissions to call but they gone home. I know its no ones fault and no good getting angry with them its just frustrating. No just UK as wasn't sure I'dget insurance to go abroad so soon after op. Having lap hysterectomy and bso. So wanted to be close enough to home if menopause symptoms are really bad. Going to Devon. I live Hampshire so just a few hours away x
  • Posted

Hi Froggy

How awful, it's everybody's worst nightmare, even though we are all dreading the surgery! It is so hard on the emotions, you just do not know what to do with them when they cancel, everything rages inside you, my was cancelled indefinitely in January, oh boy did I go up the wall!  frown

Contact PALS they will be able to find out for you your new date.  They were absolutely brilliant to me, had a new date for me within 2 hours of me contacting them.  You can get their email or number from your hospital's website.  No consulation I know but sometimes it helps to do something constructive rather than climb the walls like I did, until common sense took hold of me.  

I really feel for you and your family, it disrupts everybody, really hope you get a date soon.  

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Really sorry to hear you ops cancelled I just come on here to wish you good luck and speedy recovery .

Fingers crossed they sort a new dare asap .

I can't imagine how you feel just hope you not waiting too long.

Jackie x

• Posted

Thank you. Feeling a bit emotional about it now. I had to keep going at work where I took call but now I'm home i feel deflated after winding myself up. I asked about blood test I had today and they said it will just be done on morning now as won't need another pre op if takes place in next few weeks. So guess that means I'll be last down if blood results got to be back first. I was nervous about going ahead started to think its a sign??
    • Posted

Hi Froggy

Don't worry about the blood test delaying you, I had to have one on the day as I was cancelled but I was still second down, and was back on the ward by 1 p.m. The test they do, they get an instant result on.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Thank you so much. The thought of any more delay is starting to mess with my head. X
    • Posted

Hi Froggy

Let us know as soon as you get your new date.  I have everything crossed for you that it is soon.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Oh dear Froggy, that was one of my worst nightmares, to be cancelled! I know how worked up you get the day before and having to go through it all again is awful. I feel so sorry for you, let's hope it's soon now, get it over and done with x
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm back talking myself in and out of ovary debate again!! Xx how are you getting on now? Did you see Dr about hrt? Xx
    • Posted

Hi Froggy

I m doing ok, except as I m 4 wks post op I keep thinking j can do more and have been picking things up, but today my stomach really hurts above the scar, my hubby's gone mad saying I m trying to do too much. I just don't like asking for help as it makes me feel like I m taking advantage. Today I m doing nothing! I ve got to see the gyno next Wednesday for HRT so not in that yet. As fir hazing ivaries taken, u can see good reasons for letting them go, no more pain constantly, no more pms, no more painful breasts that hurt from mid cycle until my period started. That's a relief to be honest, but then I think of not having them, the only negative is no natural hormones but HRT will hopefully sort this out. Have you decided what you're doing regarding your ovaries? I do wish you well, so sorry you ve been cancelled, that's gotta be emotionally draining for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.