Op cancelled last minute

Posted , 12 users are following.

All packed and psyched for tomorrow morning to get a phone call saying they have probs with list and its been cancelled and they'll send new appointment out. All planning for kids, hubby changed all his on call shifts and holidays..... I'm not a happy bunny right now. sad I know it can'tbe helped but seeing as i was told in November that latest they wanted to leave it was April makes me wonder what else they telling me that's wrong rrrrrrr sorry needed to vent!

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I so know where you are coming from, i like you had everything sorted and was drying my hair after a shower at 9.30am (was leaving home at 10am) when i received a call to say my op had been canx due to it being cold and to many people were ill and no beds, that was on Jan 19th, its been canx 3 further times since then and i finally got it done April 13th, nearly 3 months later.

I wouldn't even bank on you getting done before your holiday if your hospital was anything like mine.

• Posted

Yay !!!

Pleased that you have a date.

Wednesday is a good day (mine was Wednesday ) because you will bound to get home for the weekend. All things being equalbiggrin

My big tip is : Anesthetics can make you really teary sometimes.

Remember that and don't worry if you feel like crying your eyes out and hate everyone !!!! because it is normal.

Wish  someone had told me that before, and after in the Recovery Room.

You will be fine. Honest !!!!.

• Posted

Thanks Deb I just want it over with. Just a pity on same day as my daughter's first ever GCSE exam but its never going to be good timing lol xx
  • Posted

Really pleased for you fingers crossed it happens next wed . Then you will be home in no time recovering and looking forward to your holiday.

A lot of ladies seem to have been cancelled at some point think il bare that in mind when I have mine. As like you i organise every thing to be done and dusted before I go ive got lists lol .

Keep us updated all the best.

Jackie

• Posted

I know how you are feeling and can totally sympathize. I was

originally booked in for a full hysterectomy on the 14th of April.

Went to hospital on the day was booked in, met the anithitist, hospital gown on and those lovely white stockings. I was told by

The surgeon 5 mins before opening than unfortunately it had been cancelled, offered no explanation, and just told to go home.

I cried, with pure frustration it's a major thing to get organised for an operation, for then it to be cancelled.

Next day I contacted the Secretary of my consultant who advise d I would receive notification by the end of the week of a new date. I did and I was operated on just over a week later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.