Open sugary help for ovary cyst 10cm ish

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a cyst on my ovary about 10cms and they have already said that I will need an op. I am due to see doctor in 2 weeks time but I'm just wondering what people's experiences are on open sugary to remove a cyst that big? 

I'm worried about having the op! 

What happens?

How long is recovery?

How long will I stay in hosptail for?

And any other advice of

Things I should know would be grateful. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I first so the gynaecologist last spring as I have a dermoid cyst which is about 8cm and egg shaped.  It is close to my urethra so I have to have the urology team involved as well so it will be removed by laparotomy along with both ovaries, although they don’t know if it will vertical or horizontal as yet.

ive finally had a date and am going in on the 28th January to have the op on the 29th.  I have been told that I am likely to be in for about 5 days and won’t be able to drive for about 6 weeks. 

I aim to put the details of my op/recovery on here so feel free to follow it!

good luck x

• Posted

Hi, 

Good luck! 

I'll find out more about my op on the 30th when I go back to see them. Kinda really nervous 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.