Operation done...... Update

Posted , 7 users are following.

At last its been done...... Subacromial decompression/bicep tendoesis and rotator cuff..... 4 days on and very sore and painfull and in sling 24/7

Physio to follow in a few weeks.... wont be back at work for some time and then light duties only. 

Anyone know how long before full use of shoulder as i have a heavy manual job ?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi david,

i had this done in december 2013. all done except the rotary cuff tear as this was found to be irepairable. i had compleat rest for three monthsafter which i had regained a lot of use in that shoulder however it took another three months before i could climb a ladder(i work as a roofing contractor). The origional problem which was, severe pain in upper arm at night, was cured however i was now getting pain at top of shoulder.

have had another opp.10 days ago. it is a trial proccedure, Subacromial “Biodegradable Spacer”,

would like to heare from any one else who has had this

• Posted

Hi Trevor

i guessed I was looking at at least 6 months before a full return to work.

movement is improving now after 2 months but pain still persists 

hope your latest op is successful for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.