Opinion please

Posted , 5 users are following.

After my weekend and last night I phoned my GP this morning and told her about the self harming over the weekend and the visions I had yesterday of slicing my arm open and not sleeping that well. she has decided for me to stop the Venlafaxine tonight which I;ve been on for 9 days and start back on Cit 20mg tomorrow night. I did ask if I should persevere but with my previous history of suicidal thoughts etc she did not want me to continue. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks

Tina x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ohh thats no good Tina , Yea i tried a few different types aver the years & cetalopram seems to be the one that works for me ( so far ) id follow your doctors advice on that one , as we dont want you to harm your self :-)
  • Posted

Citalopram is the 3rd SSRI I've been on.  One was discontinued and one didn't agree with me.  There's many SSRI's out there, and it's often trial and error before finding that's tailored for you.

Your doctor sounds good :-)  Let us know how it all goes.

K x

• Posted

Hi thanks for your comments. I just feel as if I'm going around in circles. Still awaiting for my other appointment, it was a psychiatrist who prescribed the Ven, so not sure when I see them what they will think that I've been taken off them already. As they seemed to think the Cit wasn;t helping me either. At least I don't feel too bad tonight  only after the window on my car got stuck open I must of looked dtupid kicking my car and shouting at it... but my son managed to get it shut after about an hour after taking the door apart. Lets see what tomorrow has got to offer. x
    • Posted

My car window for stuck open once when we were driving long a motorway. It couldn't be fixed until we got home, and my hair looked a sight by that time haha!  Hubby also had to take the door apart :-)

Im sure between your doctor and psychiatrist they'll know which is the best medication, and no doubt they'll be in contact with each other all the time.

Glad you're feeling calmer tonight.

K x

• Posted

Yes I'm feeling almost human for a change and quite relaxed. Lets hope it lasts...x
  • Posted

Oooooo I do hope you are ok. It's hard to know what to do. Xxxx
    • Posted

I'm fine, bit sore but serves me right. Hope your day was ok. Actually saw the sun today so had a nice walk at lunch time. Hope you got out wiht your dog. xx
    • Posted

At least I didn't smack it with a tree branch lol that's if any of you remember Basil Fawlty.....lol
    • Posted

Very sunny today, had nice walk with dog then nice ride on the horse, without the animals I would stay in bed and cry all day, so they force me to keep going. Glad you ok and had nice walk. Meeting friends tomorrow to watch the cheltenham racing and have lunch so something to look forward to tomorr 😀 if you do not hear and feel you need your appointment sooner, chase them up. Hopefully you will do something nice with your son on Sunday for Mother's Day. Xxx
    • Posted

Oooo I used to love fawlty towers... Lol that would make us laugh 😀
    • Posted

A horse too I haven't been riding for years, never had lessons just used to ride my pals horses when I was at school. Jump on and off we went fell off many a time but good fun. Been pony treking in Wales too, plus here up in Scotland. Maybe I will find somewhere here in the summer and go trking for a day and spend the rest of the time with a sore arse. lol. xx
    • Posted

Yes do it.... There is nothing better than the fresh air and countryside out riding... It's the only think keeping me going. This is us in the woods, unsure how well pics come out on here.... X
    • Posted

oh wow he/she looks beautiful, what's their name. do you ride for pleasure or have you entered any competitions. There are a few ponies belonging to the farm but are too small for me to try and blag a ride. x
    • Posted

Anyway its that time again better go to bed. thankyou everyone i've enjoyed our chat on here this evening. I actually don't feel so a lone tonight. Thanks

Tina xx

• Posted

He is young, only 6 and called Aquilla, I will train him for competitions, I did compete, jumping and dressage on my old one Mac, he is 17 and just retired so eats grass all day! This is him
    • Posted

It does help chatting on here.... Cheered me up to thank you. Good night xx
    • Posted

Thats fantastic competing especially dressage. i should think that is very difficult training a horse for that. you must have so much understanding of each other. 
    • Posted

ahhh thank you, yes hard work but worth it when I go out and win😀 now will be about 2 years to get Aquilla to that stage, at least something to focus on. Hope you sleep well, thanks for the chat 😀 xx
    • Posted

That was a very funny scene, Basil beating his car haha!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.