Oral Lichen planus

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have developed oral lichen planus on side of my tongue and both sides of cheek--have a feeling this was started when bit the side of my cheek and have had sharp tooth which has irritated my tongue--these have now been put right-- but mouth still affected by these lesions and my taste buds are badly affected--sharp items such as crisps or crispy chips or cereals do not help and make it more painful and hottish curries or such are no good either

Anyone else got these symptoms?

I would mention have also got ulcerative colitis which is under control but cannot eat a lot of fruit and certain vegetables!

So the answer is------????

Anyone got similar??

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’ve had the irritations on my gums where I’ve had crown replacements. Almost a year now. 
    • Posted

my dentist has said I should have a tooth crowned--have turned it down certainly until get rid of sore mouth--there really must be something that works--trouble is if immune system involved then very difficult---steroids do not seem to improve it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.