Orlistat and fat

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

im unsure how much fat i can really eat. i heard it was 15grams. is that per meal or per day?. i started the pills today. i have about 5 stone to loose so really hoping that it works for me. today i had low fat yogurt with blueberries and few almonds for breakfast. lunch chicken and lettuce on brown bread. and dinner was pasta with chicken and tomato pasta sauce. plus snacks in the day which was grapes and apples. i have not had any loose poo etc so far. is that good. if there is no side affects does that mean that its working? really appreaciate some advice guys

steve

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi @Turvell

it;s 5g per 100 15g per meal no more than 45g a day

Almonds are too high in fat for the tablets the chicken must be breast not thigh as it is lower in fat.

How long have you been on the tablets? if you have no orange oil or a tummy bug then your eating right however if you have only started them then ate the alomds they take up to 72 hours to come out.

If you look at my profile i have posted lots of helpful advice/tips on the tablets as they ahve really worked for me if you need anymore help etc please post back

also make sure your drinking lots and lots of water every day

SORRY just re read your post you have just started them you will get the side effects from the almonds

• Posted

typos! forgot to add 5 stone will go in no time also only cook with frylight and good luck and as i said before if you need any help please just reply x
    • Posted

Oh bum I didn't realise it takes that long lol. I only started them today.  It is only chicken breast I eat. I hope they work nothing else has up till now 
    • Posted

They will work you just have to eat right one of the best things i have ever done in a couple of weeks it will be like second nature looking at packets etc and you will have lost weight by then!

Make sure you will be near a toilet and wear a pad because of the Almonds Also drink a lot of water to fluh them out the side effects can take up to 72 hours to come out it depends on how quick food goes through your system some people are quicker than others.x

• Posted

I only have about 6 almonds but I can just not have them and just have berries and low fat yogurt instead. So why is it better to take these than just go on a low fat diet ?
    • Posted

For every pound you lose on a low fat diet you lose 3lb more on top of that with the tablets. The tablets do not understand the difference between 'good' and 'bad' fats even though nuts are good for you in small amounts the tablets will just see it as bad fat and give you the side effects. So yes best to stick to the yogurt and berries or have something else with it to make it more filling. I don't know per 100g what the almonds are but they are more than the 5g as i remember looking at other nuts at the start and seeing how high in fat they were.

Also the tablets stop people eating the wrong things - they help keep you on the straight and narrow and i know when i come off them very soon i will continue to eat in the same way

• Posted

Ahhhhh I see. So how long have you been on them and how much have you lost ? 
    • Posted

Started Jan 2013 have lost over 100lb was a size 24 19.5 stone now a size 12-14 size 14 now loose on me
    • Posted

Damn girl well done smile god I hope it works for me I've dreamt about been thin for over 15 years. I'm also type 2 so need it for that reasin too 
    • Posted

Thankyou smile just stick to it and it WILL work and always treat yourself at every big loss i did and it spurns you on aswell!
    • Posted

Hi britney,

I've been on orlistat since the end of March and at my last weigh in on Friday I've lost 5st 12lb which I am really pleased with. Yesterday I was at a friends and decided I would have a treat and had a chicken kebab from a takeaway, my first in 3 months! It was amazing... Enjoyed it so much more than I use to. Roll on my next treat in another 3 months lol

• Posted

Hi Adam 

And omg nearly 6 stone in 3 months ? Is that right ? What exercise do you do in a week 

• Posted

Hi Adam WELL DONE YOU! [cheesygrin ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.]

Hope you enjoyed your treat i think i waited about 6-9 months before i did that but i would always say oh next weigh in i will but never did. For me personally when i did have a treat (1 within the rules) such as a cake i used to think god i actually dont miss eating that stuff but you do totally appreciate it aswell i mean it's nice to have it but knowing you have the will power to stop at one then continue with the tablets and healhly eating. 

I have a recipe for chicken doner which comes under the 5g rule someone asked on here yesterday for recipes so i might just add that to the list.

Well done again and 3 months will be up before you know it

btw your only 2lb off 6 stone you should reward yourself with something big! x

• Posted

Adam you've done amazing!! 

C ' Mon,  you need to tell us your daily routine  xx 

• Posted

i cant belive it. its flipping amazing. pitty we cant post before and after photos on here lol. altho i dont actually look 18 stone. when i tell people they are like no frikkin way. im so excited for this to work. the doctor said he will let me have it for 4 weeks and if i have not lost 5% of my body weight they will stop the pills. how do i know what 5% of my body fat is, how much would i have to loose in 4 weeks to acheive that ? x
    • Posted

I think you can post pics theres an upload image button. I think everybody literally is different i mean i have seen articles where women say they are 20+ stone and say they wear a size 20-22 how is that possible? i was 19 stone and a 24 and some people who are heavier than what i was look smaller than i did at that size, even now at a 12-14 i look totally different to my sister who was a 12. Even if you lose a few pounds you will still get the tablets i have heard of people not losing anything in the start and still getting another box x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.