Orlistat and fat

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

im unsure how much fat i can really eat. i heard it was 15grams. is that per meal or per day?. i started the pills today. i have about 5 stone to loose so really hoping that it works for me. today i had low fat yogurt with blueberries and few almonds for breakfast. lunch chicken and lettuce on brown bread. and dinner was pasta with chicken and tomato pasta sauce. plus snacks in the day which was grapes and apples. i have not had any loose poo etc so far. is that good. if there is no side affects does that mean that its working? really appreaciate some advice guys

steve

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hope so britney. my doctors are so crap its a joke. i went there 2 years ago and said i think i have type 2. they lauged and said i was been silly. 2 years later they test me for type 2 and confiirm i have been for 3 years lol. what can you do tho right. i could have avoided it had i known. why do they never weigh you and say you putting on weight. problem is they dont care and dont have time to care. its sad really
    • Posted

Doctors these days do not give 2 hoots about their patients these days it makes me so annoyed. Your luck if mine answer the phone they actually have a game in there to see how long the phone can ring before the person rings off - dont ask

I hate i mean really annoys me when they say to me how is it going are the tablets working for you? SERIOUSLY read my notes! then when i say how much i have lost they go OH REALLY?! i actually wanna scream when i go in there LOL

Seems your doctors are the same about tests i asked for an allergy test the other week he said we need to know what your allergic to before we do the test?! ISN'T THAT THE WHOLE POINT!!!!!!!!! Morons x

• Posted

actually first time i got the tabs 3 years ago (never stuck to them moved house etc had a lot going on) the nurse gave them to me she basically called me a fat b1tch to my face had me in tears they don't care what they say to people about their weight do they not realise that most overweight people are actually depressed about their weight already without their sneery remarks etc x
    • Posted

ironically both the doctor i see and the nurse are way bigger then me. she said that me about been fat. i lauged out loud and said i think thats the pot calling the kettle black. how dare they really lol. i am a human after all lol
    • Posted

I know they should totally practice what they preach they are so insensitive these days should be struck off aswell. Lol also the cow of a nurse told me to eat chicken from a takeway shop with the tablets?! i said i don't eat from takeaway shops obviously after a while i realised she prob wanted me to have side effects what a nut lol :D
    • Posted

not just me then i think they are all sadistic. i was sent for several embarrasing sexual health tests where all the hookers go. to be told i have thrush. a side effect of been type 2. i knew this and i told them that i hadnt had any sex for years so there is no way its an STD. what pricks. i was ill for weeks worrying about it and it ruined my xmas sad. they hate it when you tell them whats wrong even if you know whats wrong.
    • Posted

sad i know the feeling and then when you explain the problem they look at you like you have grown 10 heads and are mad erm hello it's my body i should know whats righ/wrong with it. I even had one (insert swear word here) tell me to stop scratching my hand as i was making her sick and that i should have a cervical test or something because it didn't matter if i had slept with someone with i was 12 LMFAO seriously i was playing with dolls when i was 12. What these 'profesionals' being paid for the mind boggles

I only have one nice doctor there atm but seriously not that clued up on most things he tends to nod his head a lot and look on google i mean i could do that x

• Posted

thats what i do and im almost alway right too. its all so wrong. you know this fat thing. i was just looking at the bread i have and it says 1.5grams of fat per slice so i presume thats ok to have 2 slices with chicken breast and a tiny bit of butter put on and scraped off? also so the aim of the game is to cut out as much fat as possible?
    • Posted

hi @ Turvell yes that is fine although i wouldn#t personally have the butter (not ate it since i started) some people say they eat it and are fine and some don't personally wouldn't as it is well over 5g per 100g and tbh i don't think butter really does anything in a sandwich but each to their own! if i ate bread i would probably have Marmite lol bread was one of my vices

Check the bread per 100g not by the slice if it's under 5g it'f fine and also bread with seeds etc will be high in fat x

• Posted

never even thought about the seeds. i do have seeded bread. and damn i love my bread especially fresh baked white with lashing of butter lol
    • Posted

Oh stop now i keep thinking about Bread! i ate enough of it to sink a ship lol granary or warburtons toastie was my fave [redface ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.] or pitta breads yeah they are low in fat so are wraps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.