ORLISTAT - First Day

Posted , 18 users are following.

After waiting since the end of April to get my prescription for Orlistat it finally arrived yesterday so I've started on my first day today.

I've previously taken Xenical which I know is the same thing just another name but I had side effects when taking it ie griping stomach pains. Can I ask if anyone else had these symptoms and if so what they did to eleviate them. I so need to lose weight as I need to have a hysterectomy but they wont do it until I've lost some weight, although I was never told how much. I am very much over weight so I would imagine its quite a lot. I have joined Slimming World so am already eating a low fat diet so I am hoping the Orlistat is going to help too as my weight losses so far have not been fantastic. However that's not the diets fault just a lack in my will power at times!!!

1 like, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jen, thats exactly what I did! I thought it wasnt working so I pigged out and boy did I pay for it this morning! Ive just had root canal work done and am battling toothache again today so thats helping with the not wanting to eat much!

I got weighed on Friday and had lost 2lb in 5 days but my official weigh in day (today) says Ive put 3lb on which I dont get at all and feel very upset and disheartened.

• Posted

Hi I started orlistat today and I am suffering a terrible headache is this a known side effect x
  • Posted

Yes headaches are a side effect. If you feel its getting worse stop taking them and get straight back to your doctor. Good Luck Mike
  • Posted

Hi it has been really helpful to read all your comments. I have had a box in the cupboard for 9 months trying to build up the courage to take it, it took me long enough to ask the GP if I could try it. Any way I have been back to see GP today and plan to start on Monday. My concerns have been the side effects. But am going to grab the bull by the horns and go for it.

It would be great to hear others progress and how things are going, I think I have a long haul as have at least 4 stone to lose.

Good luck every body.

Amanda

• Posted

Hi all ive been taking orlistat for about 2 weeks now. I went through all the headaches and stomach pains but im feeling so much better now. Ive not had any other side effects as yet but tonight will be the test as im having a meal and drinks with a few friends (pick easy options food and small portions) i lost 2lb in the first week and get weighed monday. This sites been so helpful in the short time ive been using it. Good luck to you all

jo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.