Orlistat...if you don't go, does it not work?

Posted , 39 users are following.

Hi all

I'm new to Orlisat. My first day. But I have a question I forgot to ask my GP.

I'm eating a lower fat intake anyway to support the weight loss...but, if I don't get the \"oily stool\" does that mean it's not working?

I had two slices of toast before...each were 0.7g of fat. So there WAS fat in them...but I've not seen any changes in my stool.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, does it take up to a third out of ANY amount of fat?

2 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

it can take a day or two for the affects to happen so don't assume if you have an affect it was the day before that caused it as it could be a couple of days ago, depends on your metabolism
  • Posted

i imagine that oily experience was your donut, on the rare occasions i have had oily stools its been 24-48hrs after eating naughty foods, i guess it depends how far over the limit it is as to how urgenty the oil evacuates as some people 'leak' oil when they really overdo it
  • Posted

Hello there,

Hope I can also share my experience with you. I'm dutch, so don't mind my englisch.

I started yesterday April 14th with Xenical (orlistat) and till now it's going well. Not running to the toilet at all. I also started with a low calory diet. Eating three times a day and a small healthy snack at about 10 and 15h. However the evening is a problem. Anyone a suggestion for evening snacking?

• Posted

rice cakes

popcorn

jelly and/or fruit and/or fat free yoghurt

cereal

• Posted

Crudites - tomatoes, raw mushrooms, raw cabbage/cauliflower, radish, pepper, carrots, cucumber.

With or without very low fat cottage cheese 

• Posted

fat free yogurt

jelly

fruit

• Posted

Ooooooo Jelly is a good one. It's delicious!

Well I must admit I'm finding everything very strange. There are things I'm eating which SHOULD give me problems and don't. And things that I think are low fat which have me going to the toilet! Guess I'm just getting used to them. As long as they're working I can't complain. he he.

I'm desperate to weigh myself but I'm going to give it another week I think, time for my body to adjust and so on.

• Posted

Hi There,

Here a little message from me. I'm doing well. I hope I get some weight off, because I don't feel different then before I started Orlistat. I'm still using a low fat diet. Working a lot in my garden hi hi. Wednesday I'm using a week, so I will then weight myself.

Greetings from a very sunny Holland.

• Posted

Here a short message. This morning I was for the first time on the scale and lost in the first week 3 kilo (6 lbs). Yeaahh. Keep on going.
    • Posted

How was your overall experience with Orlistat? I have just started and have lost 6lb in my first week too! Yay!! How much did you lose altogether?
    • Posted

hope you can helpp me what food do u eat i really dont understand im on the beginning off my first week
  • Posted

well done Dutch Girl very good result
  • Posted

hello would be intrested to know anyone that has had a big weight loss,im on day 4 doing really well eating 3 times aday on a very low calorie diet.im going abroad in june so im eagar to beat this.my gp said im only allowed to be on these tablets for 3 mths. im up all night weeing lol and get contractions and hard stomache muscles after eating for a little while x
  • Posted

Hi how has ur weight loss been since this?

I used orlistat 6 years ago and lost 5 stone I have just started it again this week after gainnt weight in pregnancy and I'm sure they have changed them, I used to be bursting for the loo after eating anything even with hardly any fat in it constantly all day! I have been on these new ones 3 days and have not been to the loo once ! And I have def had meals with over that recommended fat Intake! Have u had any side effects since! Also the packaging is different now and so is the manufacturer x

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry to bring up an old topic up but I'm desperate for any info or knowledge on Orlistat. I have been on it since last Wednesday and started getting the effects, two days in. Have also lost a few pounds. Today, I checked my weight and lost anything. I took a pill for dinner last night and I did not go to the toilet. I also today had a lunch of a sweet potato with tuna and salad with taztiki, took a tablet before hand but have not gone to the toilet.

If I do not go to the toilet, does it mean it isn't working? As I'm not sure how it works otherwise and I'm so confused. Grateful for any help.

Thanks

• Posted

I meant I haven;t lost any more weight
    • Posted

Hi Melanie. Going to the toilet means you have eaten too much fat and the horrid orange oil is the fat extra fat coming out of your body. If you havent had this it means you are following the diet well and will slowly loose weight. I have good and bad weeks ( with my diet) and have lost a bit of weight. I started off at 106k Iam now 94k. I started in Sept last year! I still have a couple of stone to go. There is alot of information on the web. Take a look. Good Luck!!
    • Posted

Hi Creamy, thank you so much for replying to my question, really appreciate it. So if I don't go to the toilet, it doesn't mean the tablets are not working, so I can rest now! I cannot believe how bloated they make me feel though. Well done on your weightloss, that is fantastic! I've lost nearly half a stone so far, just got a 1lb to go then it's official. I will do a bit of searching on the web as well. Good luck to you too, and thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.