Orlistat \"SCARED OF FOOD\"

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am taking Orlistat in an attempt to lose weight for an operation. Im not fat by any stretch of the imagination Im 5,3 & 13 stones but the NHS wont put me under the knife until my BMI is down (I hate that bloody chart).

I have been on Orlistat 3 days now & I have noticed how it has effected my way of looking & thinking about food! I will walk round the shops & cringe if I see something even with low fat amounts as I wonder if I end up with the drastic side effects the Orlistat could give me! This might be a good thing but its a surprise that in 3 days [b:9a15407ef4]Im scared of food!![/b:9a15407ef4]

My diet isnt bad in fact the dietitian says its good, although I dont eat dairy or much meat. I enjoy stir fry with fish & lots of fruit & veg. I think my GP is trying to catch me out & he thinks I go home & eat crisps all day, thats why im not losing weight. I will admit im not the most active person in the world but I do walk the dog 6 miles a day (or should I say get dragged for 6 miles)

I have never been skinny & im happy about my size! I think im just one of these people who do honestly find it hard to lose weight.

Im wondering if anyone else is \"SCARED OF FOOD\" all thanks to Orlistat??

LET ME KNOW

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

that's ok, more than happy to do it just hope it helps
  • Posted

Well Ive been on these tablets for just over a week now :cry:

So far ive lost no weight but I have noticed a slight decrease in my waist & other areas which I am very happy about :D :D

I guess ive put on some muscle as the weights come off but its all good!

Im enjoying my exercise & dont want to give it up as so far out of all the things ive tried (considering my back problem) biking is working for me.

Although I did over do it & rode 20 miles in one go & although I felt fantastic afterwards later that night i was ill, so ive dropped down to 6 - 10 miles every 2 days until i feel ok & get used to the exercise I hope its enough?

I am finding it hard to eat 3 meals a day ive never really been the sort of person to eat regular which I know isnt the best thing. I wish they could hand out motivation with these tablets :lol: eating 3 meals a day is beginning to be a struggle for me as Im not usually hunger for a good 4 hours after i wake up.

I understand that for the tablets to work I must eat food but im wondering if 2 meals & 2 tablets will still work? Its probably a stupid question but if I dont ask I will never know right.

• Posted

I drink Asda no added sugar fruit and barley squash it only has 4 calories per 250ml. :lol:
  • Posted

some people hold with the reason that you should always have a breakfast, but I was also told by my nurse that you don't have to eat til you feel hungry, so you don't have to wake up and think \"ohh need to have breakfast\". My nurse feels that people need to re educate their stomachs to recognise when it is actually empty before making hunger pains and not just \"not full\".

If you don't feel like eating until late morning then don't and if you are eating less by having only 2 meals then you are taking on less fat and less calories anyway.

On the other side some people hold with your metabolism doesn't start to work until you have some fuel in there for it to work on. Conflicting idea's but possibly some truth in both so just do what you feel is right for you

• Posted

Thank you so much Suza you really are so much help.

Gp's & nurses tell you so many things & although they are prob the best people to know the answers they dont really know you as a person. So i agree people are different & 1 thing that works for 1 person maybe wont work for others.

Ive just had a meal, the 1st one today & up until now i wasnt hungry. I think from now on im going to follow my stomach! lol

You guys are the BEST THANK YOU

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.