Ouch ! Biopsy completed ..need advice please.

Posted , 13 users are following.

O my god that bloody. Needle nearly killed me !

I had a biopsy today , one in my LS area and one in an area that looked dodgy ..or whatever the Dr said

The DR practically confirmed I have LS just by looking and with the research I had done , I knew it was .

Although when researching the dreded 'C' word crops up a lot , so it has made me worry considerably ..

Anyway, when the DR said I need an additional biopsy , it has unsettled me a lot ..

Did this happen to many other people ?

And that flipping needle ..o my Lordy ..one in each side ..it was painful !

I'm really an others to hear others experiences ..

Thankyou

Sarah (42, warrington)

)

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry Sarah, I cannot help, I am still waiting for my appointment at the Vulval clinic. At the moment I am just trying the different medication that the girls on the forum have told me about..........trial and error, but I am sure the girls who have had this procedure will get back to you. It's the not knowing, One always thinks the worst

If its any help, I know how you are feeling, lost, alone and terrified out of your wits.....XX

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I hope you have had your mind put at rest somewhat since you last posted on here. I can only say to you that whilst there is a slightly increased risk of getting vulval cancer if you have LS, neverthless the chances are still very small. You just have to keep an eye on yourself for any changes without getting too worried about it. Of course it happens to some people so I really hope your second biopsy has shown nothing more than the LS by now. Not that 'just' the LS is a small thing but I hope you know what I mean. I'm tying myself in knots here. Along with lorna65 I know exactly how you are feeling. Do let us know how you are. I have to agree with you about how blooming painful the anasthetic needle for the LS biopsy in my inner labia was.

Good luck to you also lorna65

• Posted

No cancer !! You do worry when that word is mentioned , but LS confirmed ??I have to have a labia removal now ?lace !!
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

I have had LS for about 3-4 years, didn't feel I could talk to many people about this as I don't want to talk about my 'bits' with everyone! The biopsies were miserable. My husband doesn't fully understand but is very patient. It has changed our love life and my leisure.

I had just bought a horse ( just got to an age where we could afford it!) to share with my daughter and found it very painful to ride and have given up riding the last 2 years. But, having read the above feel a fraud and will stop moaning now.

But, if anyone has LS and still continues to ride a horse, please contact me, my daughter has just bought another horse and my old boy, now 22 (not my husband!) is available to ride again, she wants me to go on a 10 mile pleasure ride tomorrow! Will I be able to walk on Monday? Think not, just thinking of the pain lowering myself into the hot bath!

Sarah, Somerset

• Posted

Hi I'm a newbie. Diagnosed this week I have raw burn type area that comes and goes. Very uncomfortable particularly at night. My gp has been treating me for almost two years with replens and vagifem. Opted to see a private gynie who confirmed LS following a biopsy. I noticed shrinkage some time ago gp said was age related I'm 62. Had a total hysterectomy 16 years ago. Still getting used to the idea. Anyone out there in the ether have shrinkage? I also currently use estradiol 50mg patches. Worried if stopping them will make this worse. Lynda
  • Posted

Hi Lynda

You are the first person that has the same problem as myself i.e. Raw burn type area, Private gynie said it was LS, then got an appointment at a Woman's clinic, consultant there said she didn't think it was LS, but wasn't sure what it was, so Biopsy on 10 th Oct .....Dermovate at night and in the morning it looks calm, but by night time, it is very red and raw looking again. This started with me 18 months ago and I am 65. Don't think I have shrinkage, but before this started I must admit I didn't look, however in the last 18 months, all has just stayed the same. Dermovate last thing at night certainly helps me, I have no problem sleeping, Every time I wee I make sure all residue is washed off. Hope this helps

Lorna

• Posted

Hi Lorna

I'm on Dermovate too so will see how it goes. I have another gynie appointment in six months but instructions on Dermovate say to use for eight weeks. Not sure how that will work out. The burn look isn't there all the time. Although I wake up at night with discomfort. Next appointment should be more helpful with information found on this site. Knowing what to ask sometimes is half the battle. Good luck with your biopsy in October at least you will know exactly what it is. Thanks for your help.

Lynda

• Posted

Sarah! You don't have to have your labia removed! Why on earth would you think that? Its possible they may disappear of their own accord if you get shrinkage with your LS - mine are gone completely, but this by no means happens to everyone. So Lynda90345 hello to you and yes I have shrinkage if you want to talk about that? Hello to runnerduck123 also. Firstly you are not a fraud AND you are not moaning AT ALL, you are just sharing! You'll get over being shy talking about your bits because we are all in the same boat and there are LOADS OF US I assure you.
  • Posted

I still remember that needle and it was well over 10 years ago that I had it and I have gone through childbirth five times. It hurt so much!!!

Cancer is rare and if you have the condition monitored regularly which is once or twice a year then it will be picked up and treated quickly.

Hang in there because with treatment your mind will be eased.

It is a horrible condition because it is something you don't want to talk about in mixed company or even amongst friends most of the time.

If it were on your hand you could show it and gain sympathy but this is such a hidden ailment it makes it much harder to vent about it.

All the best and keep your chin up!

• Posted

I wrote and complained about the injection and the way the biopsy was handled. I asked for the anesthetising gel which works very well in your mouth at the dentist, but she didn't leave it on 5 minutes and injected. I went through the roof! I felt violated. At least the dentist talks to you whilst they are injecting and slowly release the anesthetic allowing it to start taking effect before pushing in further. She just pushed on regardless. I confess I cried.

Afterwards the hospital said that she couldn't leave the gel on long (for some reason) but she could have explained this to me at the time. Her bedside manner was awful. There HAS to be a better way of numbing this area and making the process more bearable. Admittedly once the anesthetic was in, I felt nothing.

My new consultant (a lovely lady) has been working with LS for years and hasn't yet seen a case of cancer; so I hope that is reassuring to others. Be aware too that post menopausal women can get atrophy. This has made my LS symptoms worse, or at least confused them. Be sure to get diagnosed properly. I was making an area just inside alot worse by continuing with steroid cream when it was probably caused by atrophy. When I started local hormone cream for the atrophy, the horrible soreness caused by over use of the steroid cream started to ease. Good luck everyone dealing with this. Sadly what with menopause, atrophy and LS, I've pretty much said goodbye to my sex-life!

• Posted

Hi guys ,

Well , I had a labia removal , which was connected to poor stiches after childbirth 23 yrs ago, I'm 42.

The operation failed , all 40 stiches bust open and I had a major infection, 3 antibiotics later , reflux, constipation, ongoing LS, oral thrush , ulcers and general pain !

I have been to the hospital 10 times this month and my LS is bloody awful as I could not use my cream !

But.. Had sex twice ..was quite drunk though !

I'm doing back as a man !

• Posted

I'm having my first biopsy in February. Really not looking forward to it now! I had a few in my cervix fifteen years ago. And two conizations. So I was thinking this external one might not hurt so much. I am a bit concerned that the trauma might temporarily worsen the LS. Anyway, I'm OK with having these annually to stay on top of any 'bad cells'. Both my mother and sister have had squamous cell cancer treated successfully with simple surgery. Prevention is even better.
  • Posted

hi ladies I can understand all these things, I had 2 biopsy`s 3dys ago and yes they bloody hurt, but a little worried as im still bleeding, not a lot but enough to worry me to death, I`ve had 6 major ops on my tummy ranging from bowel cancer to hysterectomy and nothing has worried me more than LS but the consultant thinks its VIN which I`ve never heard of, has anyone got any views on this plz xx
  • Posted

Hi ladies ive recently undergone a biopsy by god does the needle hurt. They think ive got this condition, but now where the skin was once white has not turned brown is that normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.