Out of the cast, into the boot!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm almost 5 weeks post-op, and today, I was taken out of the cast and put into the boot! FWB and everything ! It's super exciting! I no longer have to hop around my apartment or try to cook on 1 foot...

I can go back to work, without my knee scooter right now, just in 4 hour shifts for now as to not strain my ankle too much -- my manager isn't happy that he can't schedule me for over 20 hours, he would like me to be working over 30 hours...but oh well. I would like me to be working over 30 hours as well!! But I'm not going to risk anything and want to heal properly.

It feels strange to walk. It doesn't hurt per say, it just feels weird. I'm starting PT on Monday, so that's in motion, and I go back to my doctor in 3 weeks.

And it's so weird, it seems that this boot is lighter than the last boot I had, even though they're both Aircast boots, and I'm sure the same style -- but the construction is a little different, so maybe it's just updated. No complaints here! I also might just be crazy lol.

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yay! PT cleared me to walk in my apartment w/o the boot, unless I'm gonna be up doing things for awhile (cooking, dishes, cleaning etc). But if I'm on the couch watching TV and want to go to the bathroom or grab a drink, that's all fine and good. She was also impressed with my ROM, not so impressed with my hip strength though lol. I tried to keep that at least halfway decent, but it's really hard when you're NWB in a cast.

Also, there's pretty much no swelling...less than a cm of difference between my two ankles! All of this makes me more confident in everything.

• Posted

I got out of my cast yesterday. After a bath with a lot of scrubbing, I massaged BioOil into my leg and foot and then I did it again last night. The dead skin is 95% gone. You may already be cleared up by now, but if not you might want to give BioOil a try.

• Posted

I used a lot of cream lotion and it seems to have worked. Still have some peeling at the incision site, but that's no biggie.

• Posted

Did you try to post a link that got deleted? I did that once to show someone what I was talking about and the post was deleted.
    • Posted

No. All I did was use a brand name and the words 'a ton'. Is that not allowed?

• Posted

Sorry mods, but I'm really curious...

Moisturizing cream

• Posted

Apparently there's something wrong with the brand name that I posted??

• Posted

I don't really know what the rules are here. Maybe if something is perceived as "advertising" it's deleted?

• Posted

Maybe, but people talk about the iWalk 2.0 and Even Up all the time....so that doesn't really make sense. I don't understand the rules here to be honest.

And I used the brand name in the same way you used BioOil too.

• Posted

I tried to tell a woman on this forum on what to put on her dry skin after taking off a cast or boot. It was sent to be moderated because it was a brand name starting with the letter"c". It was and still used by me because my legs look like wood bark when they are very dry

My diabetic doctor recommended the cream. You have to try a moisturizing cream that works. I tried another brand name cream but my skin turned bright red which meant I was allergic to it.

Why any message be sent to be moderated, I have no idea. If it occurs, I re write my message. It may take 2 to 3 tries, but eventually it will pass judgment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.