ovarian cyst found and blood test came back high.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Please can anyone help.

6 weeks ago I went into hospital and was told I had a cyst on my left ovary , which was about 4cm. I have recently been back to my doctors and had some blood tests done and waiting for a repeat scan. My ca125 has come back high, and I have got to go and

see a gynecologist a week monday. I am 44 years old, I was sterilised 2 years ago. I am so worried. I lost both my parents to cancer.

I have pain in my left side all of the time, could this be because of the cyst?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi all. Went to see gynecologist today, had some examinations. The next step, ultra scan in 3 weeks, then MRI in 4 weeks plus bloods, then back to the consultant for results. I feel a bit more at ease now, just got to keep my fingers and toes crossed that results come back clear. Xx
    • Posted

You are being well taken care off.😊I have to have an mri if scan still shows my complex cysts tomorrow.s

Did you find out what type of chat it is Tracy? Xxx

• Posted

Hi michelle, no forgot to ask what type of cyst . Was so nervous about going, and was asked so many questions.

GOod luck for tomorrow.

Take care x

• Posted

Hi Tracy I'm very new to the sight and have just been reading your journey. I'm so sorry for all that you've been through. I found out this week that I have a cyst and have been sent for 2 week refferal and blood tests today. I am absolutely beside myself with worry. I can't stop breaking down, I'm unable to eat or sleep. I know after reading posts on here that people have and are going through a lot worse so I feel a bit silly for my fearful reaction. I really hope you get answers soon.

Sending my best wishes

Vicky xx

• Posted

Hi vicky, I was very new to this site as well but found it very reassuring with everyone messages. I have been for 3 examination and have a scan a week monday and then a mri scan the week after. My blood results were high at 140. I was so scared about everything, but I am trying to stay positive. I hope you get the answers you need to hear. Please let me know how you get on.

Best wishes

tracy xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words. I had the blood test today. I'm hoping the results may come back tomorrow but it's more likely to be after the Easter weekend. Everyone keeps asking me why I'm so upset and to try and remain positive until I get any answers. I'm finding it so tough and the only people that seem to understand is everyone on here. I'm a nervous wreck, and become quite defensive and snappy when my family members tell me it's all going to be ok, and be positive. I'm trying I really am 😒,

I hope your scan and MRI go well. Please let me know how you get on too.

Best wishes

Vicky xx

• Posted

Hi all. I am going for my scan on monday, and feeling a bit nervous now. I don't know if anyone can help me with this question. Is it right to be in pain all of the time and I find it very uncomfortable when I sit with the legs up close to my stomach. Cyst found on left ovary, I am wondering if it has grown or twisted.

• Posted

Yes Tracey I have this too my cysts are on right ovary and when I cross my right leg over to left I have to stop it as hurts 😁when's ur Mri?i had a call I have mine Monday as seeing gyno wed for follow up

.they rung me today for mri as gyno wants it before appt and now I'm worried as their hurrying I had scan Kay week xx

• Posted

My MRI is on 12th april. Have ultra scan on monday. I think the worst thing about it is , you have to wait 10 days for your results from the MRI. Thank you for your kind words. I have already seen gyno.

Michelle I hope all goes well for you. Xxx

• Posted

Thank you I have mri Monday and will find out wed at gyno appt she said.i had scan on 15th March so he probably wants me I done before my follow up we'd !!! Let me know how you get on Monday Tracey ask the sonographer if there has been any change she will tell you xxx
  • Posted

I also think as we know the cysts are there we are more conscious of any pain ache etc in the area of our cysts !! I know I am much more aware now of any ache pain niggle xxx
  • Posted

Hope your scan goes well, try not to worry (easier said than done). I have an 8cm dermoid cyst on my left ovary and my ca125 came back high but I've had an mri and I've been told it looks as tho it's not cancerous which is a relief. Of course we won't know for sure until it's removed and sent for testing but at the moment all is good. I find I'm ok souring but if I lie on my tummy in bed (or even on my left hand side) it can feel a bit uncomfortable sad

Xxx

• Posted

Thank you bryony. I think it is because it is getting closer to my scan and just wondering what they will say.

When have you got to go for your operation. X

• Posted

I've not got a date yet, will see the Gynaecologist next Wednesday and hopefully I'll be put on the waiting list. Things were progressing quickly with scans and things but seem to have slowed down now they don't suspect cancer. Hoping the wait isn't too long as I'm fed up waiting already πŸ˜‚ xxx
  • Posted

UPDATE.

Hi all, wow what an experience having an MRI. I was nervous as it was and then to top it all I had a panic attack. I really didnt think I could go through with the scan. I was in there for over 45 minutes, which has got to be the 45 minutes of my life. And now to wait 10 days for my results. I am keeping everything crossed that all is ok.

Tracy x

• Posted

Oh Tracey isn't it awful !!! I had one last Monday was yours the same just the head out and rest in ! I felt so claustrophobic !! I too was in there 30 mins and it felt like 30 hours and the worst part was they told em to keep still !! If anyone knew me they know I cannot keep still I fidget through anxiety !! Well done Tracey for getting through it.have a huge glass of wine I did after !!!!! Michelle xxx
    • Posted

Yes head out but rest in. When I started to go through it seemed so tiny and I kept thinking of stupid things. I ended up wearing an eye mask and had my eyes closed the whole time. I am just glad it is over and done with.

Hope you are doing well michelle. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.