ovarian cyst found and blood test came back high.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Please can anyone help.

6 weeks ago I went into hospital and was told I had a cyst on my left ovary , which was about 4cm. I have recently been back to my doctors and had some blood tests done and waiting for a repeat scan. My ca125 has come back high, and I have got to go and

see a gynecologist a week monday. I am 44 years old, I was sterilised 2 years ago. I am so worried. I lost both my parents to cancer.

I have pain in my left side all of the time, could this be because of the cyst?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just had the same same size cyst as you removed yesterday.  They also drained a small one on the other ovary.  I would not be too concerned as most cysts prior to menapause are benign.  I also had chronic pain in the side of the cyst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.