Ovarian cysts and exercising

Posted , 7 users are following.

I first want to say that I have read a lot of discussions and thank you to all that have shared your stories. It helped me to actually request an ultrasound after my 4th dr appt saying I have everything but a cyst. I switched gynos and he actually didn't tell me come back if the pain insists and we will go from there he said its best to rule everything out and sure enough he found a 7+ cm cyst on my left ovary. We are going to wait and check it in a month. In the meantime he stated not to ski or do any jumping however I forgot to ask him about other exercises. I usually go to spin classes but am worried about it becoming twisted? Just wondering what some of you have been told about exercising?

Thank you!

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, I've been getting so much pain and having irregular periods for about 2 years they gave me q ultrasound and found nothing but then a transvaginal scan which found a 40 by 41 mass on my right Overy, I had another ultrasound a few weeks later and it was apparently completely gone 😒I have a ct scan for kidney stones on Friday and im hoping if there is anything there it will show up but I've noticed im passing hard small things but not through my urine it's when im at the beginning of a period and the pain is awful was wondering if anyone else has been through simular also I have to wee constantly the gynecologist said because her top consultant done the second scan and found nothing then she won't be taking it further and she did say my right Overy is a little smaller and there is free fluid around it but apparently they are not concerned I had a blood test through the doctor and they said they were considered as normal but didn't give me actual number (a ca125 blood test that is) any advice would be appreciated also sorry for bombarding your discussion
    • Posted

They first told me mi ca125 was normal but was raisedtry get them to give you a proper result .. don't give up if your still in pain I was checked for possible endometriosis the only way they can check is laproscopy hope you get sorted and dont take no for an answer xx
    • Posted

Ps ct scans are really good fingers crossed they will find what's up from that x
    • Posted

Hi Amy I've just got of the phone they were 36.0 so im guessing they are not concerned as it's only 1 over 35 plus im 24 so don't think they are taking my concerns to seriously rolleyes xx
    • Posted

Ok 36 sounds good but your still in pain hopefully ct scan will show the cause x
    • Posted

Hi Amy

I checked your FB page , whoa you have been through so much . My heart goes out to you I know I posted to you asking you questions but I understand now what you had went through so no need to reply to the other post .

Hope you get some news soon it's been 11 days approx so keep us posted.

Take Care

Robin

• Posted

Thankyou so much I read other post first lol and repliedI'm hoping to find out today after they have there mdt meeting .. that's when they all sit down and discuss patients and results although they said it looks benine I'm still worried as they didn't know that the dermoid was not a dermoid till they removed it and tested it .. I hope that in some way I can help to get people to not give up ever .. pain is not just life it needs sorting xxx
    • Posted

No worries Amy... I have done slot of research and have books by famous women gyn dr's from USA it states that a simple non cancerous cyst will not turn cancerous .

Now to try and shrink the one I have I am curious how I got it being that I am post menopause ?

Keep us posted smile

Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.