Over 2 years anyone?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone, its been over two years from me and im in about week 6 of a bad relapse. Its getting quite worrying now that i can still be so sick after this amount of time. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's been 2 yrs and 7 months for me and I'm still seriously restricted.

• Posted

thanks Sarah, its nice to know you are not alone sometimes. It makes you panic doesnt it

• Posted

Hi, In Oct. 2000 I was told I might have Mono and prescribed a couple of rounds of different antibiotics. They didn't work, ruined my last year of university. I did not recover until May 2001. Here's the thing, my Mono test was negative. Since then I have had a recurring wide range of illnesses with no diagnosis. Now my doctor thinks I am crazy. As a last resort I have done some research. Mono usually lasts 2-4 weeks. Lupus can mimic mono. When I get these attacks I get ulcerated sores on the roof of my mouth. Almost like burns but they do not blister. I think I was misdiagnosed with Mono in my thirties. I have not had it confirmed yet because Lupus is hard to diagnose. I looked at images of the Lupus mouth ulcers online and they are a perfect match for the ones from my last attack. And yes men also get Lupus. I hope this helps someone get answers. Sincerely: John

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

I hope so much that this relapse settles down for you very soon, you've been through so much and I can imagine it must be frightening to be going through a relapse and to bring back all the memories of earlier days in your battle against this horrible virus.

I remember having a relapse at just before the 2 year mark in which my blood test showed positive for mono again, for the very first time since the very first blood test I had. It scared me so much thinking I would have to go through all this again. Thanks to God only I didn't, things did settle down within a few weeks, I think it can just be different for everyone Ashley, it might just be taking a little longer for your relapse to settle down but truly it will settle again - your body is two years down the road of equipping itself to fight this thing and in no way will it go back to where you were earlier on again.

Let us know how you are doing and message any time Ashley - just want to see you feeling much better and I still believe that you are going to and much better times are ahead - thinking about you.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Ashley, been having a bit of a tough time lately with back pain but God has been helping me. Grateful for that. Hang in there and hoping you are okay.

Craig

• Posted

hey Ashley – it’ll be two years next month for me. I still am not back to normal and have to super manage my diet and exertion. It’s very frustrating. I have taken some supplements that work to kill viruses and they have helped some. They also think that I have Lyme disease on top of everything else so I’m treating that as well. I still can’t exercise but I can manage a 10 minute walk every day most days. hang in there you are definitely not alone.

• Posted

hi lisa, what supplements are you taking? ive started on high doses of vit c but im a bit causious of taking a lot of things as my stomach is so painful

• Posted

I totally understand that. I had gastritis in the beginning and had to have an endoscopy because they thought I had ulcers. Ever since I’ve been taking DGL and that has kept that feeling away. Although I do suffer monthly bouts of IBS. The main supplement that I’ve been taking since November is monolauren. The only improvement I’ve really noticed is that my relapses are shorter. I kind of have a base level of functioning which isn’t anywhere near where I used to be but it’s manageable. Then when I overexert myself or get any kind of stress I relapse for 2 to 3 days.

• Posted

Hi - I'm at 16 months and I have experienced relapses throughout. It is very frustrating. But I have also learned to listen to my body and rest. I go back to my Immunologist soon to hopefully try a new regime to try to get the mono to go dormant. Best wishes to you on your recovery.

Stacie

• Posted

thanks Stacie, out of all the doctors i have seen i think one had heard of ebv and im sure he googled what it was after i insisted on the test for it lol

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

My daughter has been sick over two years, she can do more than last year, she really has to watch getting over tired. I had it for over a year myself and whenever I have a virus it seems harder to get over. Every year seems to get better though.

• Posted

thanks mono, i hope your daughter feels better soon! at the moment it feels just like it did 2 years ago. i just feel like im dying everyday to be honest

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

I know how you feel, the worst feeling ever. I started drinking green tea and my daughter drinks nettle tea, it really helps with the inflammation. I also found that vitamin D helped also.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice about green tea Mono too, it's something I could think about for my back too perhaps.

Hoping that you are well and that your daughter and granddaughter are doing as well as possible at this time.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

The nettle seems to help my daughter. I hope this helps with your back.

• Posted

Thanks Mono, that advice is a great help and I really appreciate it. Hoping that you are feeling well today.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.