Over 2 years anyone?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone, its been over two years from me and im in about week 6 of a bad relapse. Its getting quite worrying now that i can still be so sick after this amount of time. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Ashley

sorry to hear youre in the middle of a flare up. I am also pretty much on the two year mark and have had a flare up the past few weeks involving a slump in energy from 9-11am, severe nausea and just less energy in general. what have your main symptoms been? before this relapse were you able to live relatively normally again?

hoping you recover quickly from this latest relapse

• Posted

Hi KS,

So sorry to hear that you're going through a flare up in the past few weeks. Just want to reassure you that this kind of thing can happen with this virus, I remember at almost the two year mark too having a flare up, my blood test even showed positive for mono again for the first time since the very start.

It frightened me so much, thinking I may have to go through all that again, because it felt so intense just like the early days. But it did settle down very quickly KS, within a few weeks things improved and I felt much better again - so just want to encourage you and let you know that these setbacks do pass and in no way can the virus after two years cause the same harm or destruction as it did in the early days for the same length of time, it might feel just as intense at times but you will get over it much more quickly and remember your body is much better equipped to deal with fighting this virus now.

Thanking you too for your continued kind words and support for me, I've had a tough few weeks with back pain too and getting scan and results today so just hoping and praying that the Lord can pull me through that safely and without any upset.

Thinking about you and hoping the coming week can be a much better one for you - you will get back on track despite this flare up, hang in there, keeping you in my prayers.

Craig

• Posted

hi, my main symptom has been stomach or right upper constant pain. no one can tell me what it is. i too get the crash in energy for a short period most days. i also have a lot of eye floaters, digestive problems, dizziness, and a general feeling of being unwell.

i started to get slightly better before this relapse but nowhere near a return to normal. im still not confident enough to drive or return to work.

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

I got sick with Mono in April 2017 (2 years and 3 months ago) and still have not fully recovered.

This year has been far better than last year though as I have managed a trip to Italy along with being able to manage days out now without too much hassle.

I suffer from fatigue so badly still along with chronic neck and back aches and general malaise when over doing it.

It has been a long and unpleasant road but I finally see light at the end of the tunnel eventually and I am certain the same outcome will be there for you. You just have to adjust your life accordingly and try and enjoy the moments you can knowing that the future will be bright and positive.

I had my tonsils removed in April of this year and that made an enormous difference to my recovery.

Keep positive and things will improve with time.

Cheers,

Sam

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

Just wondering how you have been feeling this week, hoping so much that the relapse you have been going through has settled down and you are not feeling as bad. Just want to encourage and reassure you that as Sam said there is hope and recovery ahead, even after going through this for more than 2 years. Although I was generally feeling much stronger and better after 2 years, I still knew at that point my body wasn't what it had been before the virus - but things did still improve further and did reach full recovery where my body felt fully well and strong again, thanks to God only.

Words can't describe what it's like to go through this virus for such a long time, keep believing Ashley because things are going to get better for you, I truly believe that. And Sam so pleased to hear things have been much more settled for you, and I'm believing that there is further healing and recovery ahead for you too - thinking of you guys.

Craig

• Posted

thanks craig thats really nice if you to see how im doing. im still really suffering with right upper pain and stomach problems. i can just about move around the house on a full stomach but when im empty i feel like im dying. i guess this is gastritis but i change my mind every other day lol im nearly 2 weeks into a course of herbal medicine which im hoping will help soon .

how are you doing?

• Posted

Hey Ashley – I had gastritis when I was first sick. It was awful and I even saw a G.I. doc and had an endoscopy which confirmed gastritis. It’s exactly what you say – it’s only OK on a full stomach but is soon as it starts to get empty it’s a horrible clutching burning pain. I just got it again from stress and anxiety but luckily it only lasted a week and a half this time. Things that help me are DGL and mylanta. I’m so sorry – I’ve been there and I know how much it sucks. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

thanks lisa, its the worst pain ever isnt it! i had an endoscope about 18 months ago but they made nothing of it so ive kind of left it untreated all this time. how do you take dgl capsules? i was a bit concerned about my blood pressure

• Posted

absolutely the worst! When I first got sick I got hit with so many things aside from the mono and gastritis was the worst. I really sympathize. DGL is a licorice tablet that you chew that has the dangerous part of the licorice taken out so it doesn’t affect your blood pressure. I take it first thing every morning and it helps prevent ulcers and all sorts of stuff. I had stopped taking it for a couple months and then went through a tremendous anxiety panic attack and that flared the gastritis up again. I mediately started the DGL and Mylanta and sipped ginger tea and I believe it really shortens the duration.

• Posted

sorry to hear you are suffering with it as well, i wouldnt wish it on anyone. if everyone thinks ebv is bad put gastritis on top of it and it certainly tests you lol

i did get some dgl capsules, just been cautious about blood pressure as it shot up from the virus. i will try it and see how it goes. my head definatley feels clearer from seeing a herbal doctor.... i would recommend it 😃

zantac is one of the only things that i find helps a bit at the moment with gastritis

• Posted

Right? I definitely feel like we are a pain warriors holy crap. I just found out my ferritin is extremely low so now I have to start taking iron pills. I’m hoping that’s what’s been causing this massive weakness and faint feeling. Oh – that’s crazy about your blood pressure! Mine went the opposite end and is borderline too low. To the point that I can’t take magnesium or Epsom salt baths or anything that could potentially lower my blood pressure.

it sounds like we are on a similar timeline. I hate that you’re going through it but just know you have somebody here who has a really similar experience.

• Posted

lets hope the iron tablets help with the dizziness. i must go for my blood tests but the last few times has been soo painful as im really sensitive so ive been avoiding docs and tests for 6 months.

ive been reading a lot about gastritis and how hard it is to get rid of and how long it can last 😦 do you think with ours once the virus is gone it will go too?

it is nice to hear we are roughly the same time scale and very similar symptoms!

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

Just wondering how you have been doing lately? I still think about you and the battle that you are going through and keep you in my prayers. I am hoping so much things are a bit more settled for you at the moment - it's always nice to see a post from you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

That is awful you are going through terrible stomach problems, what a horrible thing to deal with I just hope and pray things can settle and improve very soon. I'm sure you have tried all the usual things like peppermint and probiotics, etc, I just wish there was something that you could try that could really make a big different. Hoping so much the herbal medicine helps.

Thanks for asking how I've been doing, I've had quite a tough couple of months really with one thing and another, just taking things each day I've had some quite low points and still dealing with my back and a few health things but God has been helping me and strengthening me during this time, I couldn't manage without Him helping me.

Better times are ahead for you Ashley - I remain convinced of this and despite things going on so long I still believe there is going to be a change and a breakthrough for you with your recovery - thinking about you.

Craig

• Posted

I first had gastritis eight years ago before I was sick. I have no idea why I got it. Ever since I’ve been really careful about not consuming super spicy or acidic things. Now I realize that extreme anxiety and stress, like what I went through in the very beginning when I was so sick and undiagnosed for five weeks - will cause gastritis. I definitely think we will get over it and will just have to make sure to manage our stress levels.

I just read about a surgeon in Alabama who is in a phase 3 trial for treatment of fibromyalgia and Cfs and potentially chronic Lyme disease. I guess he’s been treating people for years with a combination of an antiviral and an anti-inflammatory. It sounds promising! He believes herpes simplex one is at the root of all those problems. And I have high antibodies to like 3 herpesviruses right now. I feel it has to have something to do with it. I read a couple recovery stories after being treated by him and they have definitely given me hope.

• Posted

Aw hi Craig! It’s so lovely to hear from you! I’m still the same old same old. Thought I was making some progress but the last three weeks had a pretty large relapse to the point that I had to back out of a project next month. I’m pretty bummed. But learning to take care of my body first and foremost. Prior to this relapse I still had to manage everything I did but I was in about 25% less pain and was able to walk around the block a couple times a week. I do hope things are going OK with you and your back!

• Posted

So sorry to hear you've had a setback these last three weeks Lisa, it must be so frustrating. I do believe you will come out of this relapse but it can be so hard to see or believe that when in the midst of it I know. It sounds like you're doing all the right things, I hope you can manage to get out for more walks soon it can really help just to get some fresh air.

It's the most terrible time you've been through Lisa and I will be keeping you in my prayers because I can only imagine what you've been dealing with through everything lately. Please do keep in touch and remember you have a friend here in Scotland any time you want to message it's always a delight to hear from you just so sorry that you've been suffering this long and I really think you've shown great courage and heart in how you've been handling it all, that shines through in your messages and you've been helping me and others despite what you've been dealing with yourself - it says so much about you as a person!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.