Over heated

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anybody on here ever get very hot like your body is over heated in bed at night I do ,the other night I woke up with a banging headache I ok my temp it was 37.2 up slightly I felt that bad that I was going to go to the hospital ,instead I took 2paracetmol gallons of water and just layed on  the bed finely I went sleep but it did frighten me it a couple of times this has happened to me it feels like I am sitting to near a fire, my doctor has upped my tablets for my diabeties ,plus I too have COPD ,can someone come up with Amy idea,s on what it is as it drives me crazy ?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I haven't experienced that since menopause 20 years ago, so I don't think it has anything to do with COPD, but who knows?   I wouldn't think it's anything to go to the hospital for, but maybe check with your doctor and on the manufacturers' websites to see if it's a side effect of any of your medication.

I'm wondering if it could be your blood pressure, but I'm not a doctor, just speculating

• Posted

Hi Jude don't think it's the menopause I am a pensioner of 68 so I'm sure I'm well over the menopause lol, never entered my head about COPD , I do have high blood pressure though, but as I said it has happened a couple of times , but this one for some unknown reason it frightened me  that I was going to take myself to the hospital and I'm not one to run to the hospital over little thing I keep away from as much as pos, but thanks for replying to me 

• Posted

Ha, I'm also 68 and a pensioner -[ snap!   And I do occasionally still get hot flushes when I have the occasional drink of alcohol, but  nothing like what you're talking about.

Do you have one of those home bp testers?  They're fairly cheap and when mine was high I used to check it every couple of days or so, I don't bother much now that it seems to be under control with a combination of exercise, medication and meditation.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Shirley. I to suffer from being too hot at night and get a banging headache. I also don't understand why this happens. I too have copd. Hope someone on this site can help. My blood pressure is fine.
    • Posted

Aww thanks for replying thought I was going mad , I have mentioned this to my doctor ,he just looks at me as if I'm going crazy and shrugs his shoulders, I'm thinking it's an age thing but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering with it thanks for replying Margaret 
    • Posted

I mentioned it to the doctor too and I got the same response as you. It's good to know that you are not alone. Take care.
  • Posted

i used to suffer with being hot at at night and no not the menapause has i have been there and got thru it (im 50) by the way and i found having a fan on low helps me at night plus light night clothes i also suffer with copd 
  • Posted

Hi Jackie does the fan not keep you awake ,honestly the way I feel as if I'm in a fire and a banging headache I don't wear any cloths Jackie or bed cloths over me , I can be fast asleep and wake up like that just out of the blue 
    • Posted

hi Shirley no the fan dont keep me awake due to the medication im on and i have it not to close to the bed has its a floor standing one so my advice would be to take your meds an hour before you go to bed have a cool bath/shower  and also turn your fan on so the room is cool and if that dont work get advise from your gp
  • Posted

It really does sound like menopause...how old are you Shirley66944? Or medication related. I don't think it's just COPD related at all.
    • Posted

I'm sorry shirley, I posted previously before reading that you are 50 .....but you also say that you are all done with menopause...but how can you be sure? Menopause can last several yrs with just some symptoms here and there stretched out over years. I'm 55 and I still get some night sweats sometimes which I know is probably post menopausal or at the end of it hopefully. I have really been blessed and that's just about the only symptom I ever get or got...the night sweats. I wake up soaked with sweat...but I don't have the headache. I think it's very individual but if I were a betting woman, I would bet you are still going thru it. Very few woman are totally done with menopause at 50, in fact, most are just coming into it at that age. Your Dr can perscribe some hormones therapy if you wanted that or just deal with it. It will get less and less. Please keep us posted.....
    • Posted

Hi lady jack I'm 68 I have gone through the menopause yrs ago had a Hysterectomy when I was in my late twenties so I know it's not that. I also sleep with my Windows open
  • Posted

Omg....I must be up too late bc now I see that you are 68!! Where did I see that you were 50? I'm so sorry disregard all my advice bc it's ill-informed..lol. Combination of tired, old, and must be blind!!!!! So sorry Shirley!!!
    • Posted

i was the one that said i was 50 and i started my menapause when i was 39 so i had tests to confirm it and it was true it was hard at first but like all you lovely ladies the night sweats was the worst hence the fan and light night clothes hopes that put things in perspective for you hun xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.