Over it !!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

hey guys! Hope everyone is doing as well as possible! I have wrote my story before but just a little recap, i was diagnosed with Ebv back in july 2018. Its been a rollercoaster ride ever since! I thought i was starting to get a little better and ive hit a brick wall at 13 months!! Im having bad lower abdominal pain, dizziness, extremely lightheaded all the time, bad fatigue, my whole body is weak and im getting very shaky all day long! My gland in my neck has been swollen since june 2018 and ive started getting pain down it into my collarbone. Im generally feeling like death right now! Has anyone had a similar story? And is the weakness and feeling extremely dizzy and lightheaded like i am going to faint all day long normal for anyone else?? What a horrible virus!!!! I have honestly had enough of feeling like this! I have had so many tests done and im past the point where i am anxious about it being something else because i know that it is the EBV. But when will it end???

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Yes. I found out i had it july 2017, it took me 18 months to get better and i still have the odd bad days now!

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

Sounds awful, you think you're getting better, and have a setback.

I'm in month 15 and still have I slight fever almost everyday, and often get hit by general malaise feelings.

A lot of people here say 2 years.

I feel for you, I just went through a million tests too, all normal, so it's just soldiering on.

Take care of yourself, and we will get better eventually.

• Posted

yes, and also PUFFY DROOPY AREA ABOVE EYES. do you have that?

• Posted

Yes i have that also! My eyes look so tired all the time! The tops are like hanging over my eyes haha! Very ugly!! And i seem to have a lot more wrinkles then ever before!

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. I fell ill in May 2018 and I relate to the rollercoaster ride feeling, as many other people do. For 4-5 months I had that extremely dizzy, off-balanced, faint feeling. Unfortunately it's just something that you need to ride out as it will eventually go away on it's own (the problem is WHEN though, am I right?). I hope it doesn't last too much longer for you. It just gets so annoying and tiresome after a while. I understand your struggle and I just want you to know you aren't alone!

Take care

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having this awful setback at the moment after seeing a bit of progress before that. It really is so horrible this virus and I do empathise, and I just want to encourage and reassure you that this kind of thing can be normal during recovery but that things do get better and settle and truly you will get FULLY over this with some more time.

I remember too having phases even during recovery and into that second year of mini-relapse type episodes, it felt awful and frightening and so discouraging after having made so much progress. Generally though I found that even though they felt so intense at the time, they did not last anywhere near as long as before and within a few weeks things had settled and was much more back on track again. Sometimes these mini-relapses in a strange way can be a good thing in that your body is getting more and more to grips with the virus, and it is become stronger against it and every time you fight back from something like this (which you will believe me!) your body is stronger and much more equipped to fight this horrible virus.

I know all that doesn't help much when going through it at the time and feeling so drained and unwell - so just hang in there Melanie and just take it one day at a time. Your body is already a year into battling this thing and it is much better equipped now to deal with the virus so this will settle down, and even though it might be hard to see it now, with a little more time you will see FULL recovery and get back to full health again - I remember when going through it I struggled so much to see my body resilience returning or being able to cope with work or any normal level of activity, but your body (thanks to God only) has amazing powers of recovery. Hang in there Melanie, thinking about you, I'm believing that God is going to get you through this and back to full health again and that things are going to get back on track for you - keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Craig

• Posted

hey i have been sick 7 months now the dizziness and feeling faint was my worst symptoms for 5 months it was super bad so that is common with the virus i never thought it would go away but it eventually got better now im having the shakiness and weakness head pressure off and on some ear ringing and occasional eye floaters...i cant even imagine being sick for as long as you have been im truly sorry you have been dealing with it for so long this virus is insane...but i just wanted to assure you your symptoms are from the virus ive had the same stuff just to ease your mind i know it really freaked me out constantly

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

I felt weak and terrible for at least a year and then it started easing up and it was a good 18 months until I was more myself, My daughter and I have found green tea and nettle tea and vitamin D seemed to help as well as monolaurin,

• Posted

do you have all your body strength back and can you manage exercise and stuff? i feel stuck right now just feeling so fatigued and weak and shakey its hard to see myself get my strength back was curious if you are able to manage normal activity again

• Posted

I remember feeling that way Katelyn that I struggled to see how my body would be strong or resilient enough to cope with activity / exercise again, even a normal ordinary day as much as anything not just physical exercise.

But Katelyn your body will recover and feel stronger and gain it's resilience again - it's amazing how it comes back to you, but I remember how frightening it was not knowing if / when that would happen, so hang in there and hold onto faith that it will happen, because it will - just so frustrating it can take a bit of time but honestly I believe you will get there and your body will feel strong again.

Craig

• Posted

thanks for the reasurrance today craig ive been needing encouragement lately...hope you start feeling better too

• Posted

Thanks Katelyn, had a really rough day myself too so just been trying to hang in there. It's not at all easy I know. Still thinking about you and rooting for you - sending best wishes and healing thoughts from Scotland.

Craig

• Posted

thanks and rooting for you too! now the time difference makes sense i always notice your messages are sent at like 3 am my time and im from southern Louisiana so im like wow craig stays up late lol!

• Posted

Yes lol that's the reason why then Katelyn! Just want to say thanks for you praying for me as have been struggling a lot this week. I'm keeping you in my prayers too. Let's keep trusting God and putting our hope in Him.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.