Over the moon

Posted , 11 users are following.

Wow - dont think ive smiled like I have just done in a long while. 

Just weighed myself - I'm a month and 5 days in to the programme. 

I'm now 11 pounds lighter - whoooo hooooo 👏👍👍👏👏😉😉👏

I'm on holiday in two weeks and was going to break the programme but now in two minds what to do. 

Soooooo excited - not seen the scales go down for at least two years 

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi well done on your weight loss.

Im also going away in a few weeks and wondered the same thing wether to carry on with the tablets or not while Im there, I am worried about any weight gain

• Posted

Thanks hun - yeah I'm really worried incase I put a lot on and get a major set back. Can't decide what to do 
  • Posted

WOOOO HHOOOOOOO go you misses, this is a sunny smiley Sunday!!

Its a hard call, as its your holidayibobs, but at the same time all that hard work.

Good luck with what you go for xx

• Posted

Yeah I don't want to live on salads for the week as I'm not sure what and how food is cooked. Think I be quite down thou if I put weight on - decisions to be made x 
    • Posted

Why not stay on the blue bullets, and have small treats within the fat allowance?? is that possible question. This year we are going to my partners parents and then up to see his sister they know we both do Slimming World so I am hoping that they take that into consideration.  
    • Posted

My friend who I'm going on holiday with doesn't know about the tablets, don't want to say either. 

I'm thinking that I might just stay on them, I really don't want to put weight on. Maybe I pack a bag of marshmallows and jelly babies with me, that can be my treat. 

• Posted

Oh Collette!

I am so very very happy for you :-)

It's a good feeling huh! and it will get better and better, the more weight you drop!

I am not sure what to say about holidays, but think if it was me I would stay with it :-)There are lots of nice salads, you dont have to have fattening dressings,have grilled steaks, chicken, fish etc.

I am not quite sure why we feel we have to feed our faces to have a nice time? lol The majority of us obviously have a big problem controlling what goes in our mouths and are trying to learn a new pattern of eating. Somehow someway it has to fit in with work, family life, weekends and holidays.

If it was me I would hold on to the joy you feel right now, that you are the lightest you have been in two years! if you have done that in 5 weeks what can you do in 10 weeks? Me thinks a lot! x x x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank you 😉😉😉 

Amazing feeling. My BF said, not seen you smile like that for quite some time. I moved the scales round the house to check it was accurate. I've been in the 16 stone bracket for far too long. Was awesome to see 15st pop up. 

I been very mindful of not searching for too many low fat treats as I think it's not changing your mind set about eating healthy. Also, with my fatigue too much sugar or white carb foods crashes my energy levels. 

I said to my friend the other day, why do we think as cakes or sweets as a naughty treat, it should be a pedicure or facial. 

I think you guys are right, and also think might give me a great sense of achievement if I go on holiday and stick to it. I don't want to come home and have a weight gain. 

• Posted

Yep!

There are many ways to treat yourself, it doesnt have to be about food, it just seems that way when you are on a diet!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

You can cope with a holiday Collette and still have a great time, if you get yourself in the right frame of mind beforehand. x x x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I think you could be right. Moving to 11 pounds has helped as I lost 8 pounds in the first two weeks and whilst that was good it isn't such a great motivator as 11. 

My goal is try and get that to a stone now over the next two weeks. Might even get into a few dresses hiding in the back of my wardrobe. As I don't want to buy any new clothes. 

Xx

• Posted

At my first monthy weigh in I lost 10lbs, I am really pleased with it, but there will be something real special about shifting that first stone and going down a number on the scales.  

I have guests staying with me and I cook lovely meals for them, but I flatly refused to eat anything "dangerous". 

I have been so inspired by Britney and the amount of weight she had dropped with the help of Oristat. I am thankful that it gives those nasty side effects, its teaching me a good lesson and I think twice before I put anything fattening in my mouth these days!

If you can get the clothes on you already have it would be great, because pretty soon you may be needing a whole new wardrobe and the clothes you buy now will be way too big! :-)

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Do you know what.. I don't ever think I've come across anyone nicer than you online, you're always so encouraging and lovely. I'm sure you mak everyone here feel a lot better about themselves xxxxxx 
    • Posted

Thanks hun 😉😉

Knowing the side effects really does make you re-think. Have to say it really does get easier as time goes by. 

I have already started adding a few bits of clothing into a bag to take to the charity shop that are too loose.  Was nice to take my size 20 tops out and put a pair of size 18 jeans in there. I'm going to keep the bag till it's full rather than just drop a few bits off, mark my achievement that way. 

Just hope the weight doesn't slow down too much in coming off. My dr gave me 3 months supply so not back till September. 

Xx

• Posted

Why thank you Shelagh, what a lovely thing to say! x x x

At the end of the day we have got to look out for each other in this forum, we are all in the same boat with our ups and downs. Trying to loose weight when you are on the ***larger*** size can be a bit of a emotional roller coaster.

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.