Overactive thyroid graves Part 3

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi all,

to continue the posts please start using this thread.

I had my tsh checked the other day and it was spot on

i feel rubbish 2 days out of 15 or so

my eyes are sore but dont bulge too much

gee i get fed up

hope your all ok

1 like, 565 replies

565 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi all, thanks for your concern,the depression is lifting but will go and see gp tomorrow aswell as a blood test,what would i do without you all and you all have your own problems..I am now worried about getting shingles ,my little grandson has come out in chicken pox and i have had alot of contact with him ,does anyone know at what stage they are infectious ,its a good job hes got them now as they go to tenerife on the 14th ,my daughter will get a doctors note if he has still got scabs..

love to you all sue xx

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

How are we all? I am still off work waiting to see the Endo tomorrow, he is a new one so don't know how I will get on! I'm feeling okay still feeling quite hyper, leg/arm muscles really aching and heart skipping and pounding away. Really had enough now I just want to feel better so I can get on with my life feeling as if I'm continually on hold if you know what I mean.

Bess glad your now feeling better after your migraines, they can be really debilitating, I know what you mean about the calm button, I take my blood pressure at home before seeing the doctor as it always goes sky high when I get there, I get myself all wound up.

Sue I think chickenpox is infectious about 1 to 2 weeks before the spots come out, I hope he is feeling better, there is lots of it up here too. I got it for the first time when I was 16 had just started my first job!

Marigold it's freezing up here got the heating back on!

Jane how are you doing, how you getting on back on the Carbs, how long do you have to take them for? Wonder if I'll go back on them after Endo tomorrow? Glad your hubby is making some progress.

I'm off to get my thermals on and go and walk the dog :-)

Take care,

Kat xxxx

• Posted

Hi everyone I'll be back later. Just seen your post Sue. You can't catch shingles from chicken pox, but you can catch chicken pox from shingles, so you'll be ok.

luv,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

Hello all,

Hope you are all wel.

l I have been feeling quite hyper this week even though i've been up all night I still feel okay in the daytime rather than groggy. I think I feel more hyper than I did when I had my last blood test a few weeks ago which sounds completely crazy as I am now on a low dose of carbs. My mood swings are worse than they have ever been, heart is jumpy and I am pretty much running for the loo after I eat anything at all.

Kat I am not sure how long i will be on the carbs but he definately said to keep on until my next endo visit which is on 29th June, a lot could change by then so I will wait and see. My wrists are painful again especially the left one and I kep feeling dizzy. Good luck for tommorow.

Marigold/Sue, Sue sorry you are worrying, hope you don't get chicken pox or shingles. Marigold I had no idea about the shingles thing, a friend got shingles and was poorly for months and my son got chicken pox at 9 months old, he was quite poorly too. I wouldn't fancy getting either thank you very much.

Have been completely flumoxed by technology as I have had to get a new mobile phone. It is loads more complicated than I'm used to but the old one needed charging twice a day as the battery was gone. My ten year old has been downloading apps on to it for me, I know how to text but still can't work the bloody thing and all my contacts have disapeered. It's amazing what kids know these days.

Take care

Jane

• Posted

hi everyone ,had my blood test on monday i have come down with a virus and another chest infection. I managed to get an app this morning to see my doctor as i needed more antibiotics and the results of my bloods,guess what lol they are still bl**dy normal ,he said the symptoms come first then my ts will drop ,he cant give me thyoroxine as it will make me go hyper. I sat in his office and just cried and cried i felt so ill and down ... like you kat i cant wait to get back to normal..My daughter wanted me to book and go to tenerife with them and when i asked him advice on going he said i wasnt well enough :cry: and would probably end up like last year in spain with pneumonia and stuck in a hospital for 10 days.Iwas baby sitting last for chicken pox joe :lol: while his mum dad another daughter and grandson went to see Take That at manchester.

Marigold i am so glad you told me i cant get shingles .So sorry everyone Bess JANE kAT AND mARIGOLD I AM TO TIRED TO WRITE ANYMORE i ache everywhere and need to get into bed ,i do think about you all with

your thyroid problems ,so take care love sue xxxx

• Posted

Hello all,ive not posted much lately but always keep a check on how everyone is doing.

My blood levels seem to be staying around the same with t4 14.8, t3 5.7 and tsh 0.18.

Glad to see were all doing the best we can and good to see dave has started this new thread,just waiting for my follow up appointment with the hospital but i feel ok at the moment.

Take care everyone

barry wink

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

Well just back from my appointment with the consultant, he said I am very toxic again after the RAI, he has put me on a beta blocker (Idenral Half LA I think that's what it's called) which is a different one to the one I was on before. He hopes this will help calm down all my Hyper symptoms which are just awful at the moment, I feel as bad as I did a year ago. He wouldn't put me on Carbs again as he said they wouldn't be able to tell if the RAI is working. So I have to get another blood test in 3 weeks and if my levels are still high he will would think about starting Carbs again, let's hope it has worked and my levels start to drop. I've got an appointment to see my GP on Tuesday as I have to get signed off again, spoke to my boss who seemed okay with it all, don't know how long that will last for though!

Jane sharing your pain with the hyper symptoms I feel awful beginning to wish I hadn't gone down the RAI route now, I'm trying to stay postitive but it's a real struggle when you feel so bad. I'm glad I found this forum or I would not have known anything about the horrible after effects of RAI. Is your new phone an iPhone? I got one from Santa and couldn't live without it now, you get apps for everything I even have a period tracker much to my kids horror :-)

Sue sorry you are so bad again, Graves is bad enough without anything else on top, stick in, keep taking the tablets and hopefully you will start to feel a bit more like yourself soon, here is a hug from Scotland [[hug]] x

Barry good to hear from you and that's great your levels are stable,

you give me some hope that I'll get to that stage at some point too.

Hope everyone else is okay?

Kat xxxx

• Posted

Hi Barry. My latest bloods show my T4 has gone up to 23 and TSH 0.06 so I have to cut my thyroxine down to 50. I suppose it'll settle down one day. smile I'm pleased yours is staying the same. Take care.

Marigold

• Posted

Evening,

Well I've had a horrible day, took new beta blocker this morning, now I'm dizzy, feeling sick and my pulse has dropped quite low (48 to 55), it usually sits between 60 to 65 so not high at all. I kept asking the consultant will this BB affect my heart, no no he said!! First thing on the information leaflet \"will lower heart beat\", I just had a feeling that I shouldn't take it! I have an appt to see my GP on Tuesday so not going to take anymore till I speak to him. Have been in bed all day as I was feeling so rotten.

Just when you think you have reached rock bottom with this horrible disease it comes along and whips the floor away from under you!

Sorry for the moan,

Night night Kat x

• Posted

Hi Kat, Poor you, no wonder you are feeling so bad with a pulse so low. Sounds like you need a lower dose doesn't it. Why has the Doctor put you on this particular one ? When my daughter accidently took two 40mgs tablets of beta blocker 4 times in a day instead of 10 mg tablets, she rang the GP and he told her to have a strong coffee to flush it out of her system. Her pulse was about 56. Trouble with Graves, is coffee can make you feel even more hyper - no win situation ! I hope you feel much better soon, thinking of you. This is just a quick post, hope everyone else ok. take care, Bess xx
  • Posted

Hello everyone.

Kat, sorry you're having a rough time, but I'm sure you'll get there in the end. Keep your chin up. I had to come off Propranolol as it was making me dizzy. I hope your GP can help. My endo told me to get my bloods checked every four weeks and more often if I was feeling poorly or jumpy. I could tell my T4 had gone up so I had them checked after two weeks. I was summoned to attend the surgery to discuss the results. It was a locum, all our permanent doctors have left. He was awful, told me that every nine weeks was often enough to have my bloods checked, and told me to make an appointment for then. Anyway I made one for four weeks. He said he wouldn't reduce my dose of thyroxine. I rang my endo and he was really annoyed and said in future to tell the GP to ring him. He reduced my thyroxine. If I'd stayed on the same dose and my T4 had carried on rising it would have been really high .

Hope you are feeling better Jane. I know what you mean about modern technology. Our son has always been good with phones etc. He always set the video and other things up for us even when he was little. I don't know how to text. I'm hopeless. He showed me how to do it, but he went so fast that I was no wiser. :lol: I can remember when he had chicken pox. He had spots on his spots. I've never had it, but I didn't catch it. Take care.

Sue. Are you feeling any better? What a shame you can't go to Tenerife, it would have done you good. You don't want to be ill there though, it's bad enough when you're at home. I'm sure you'll soon feel fine. I feel really good, my husband commented this morning that I seemed to be back to normal. What passes for normal anyway. :lol: It's seven months since I had the RAI so it does take time. Take care.

Hope everyone else is ok/

love,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

hi Marigold bess,Jane and Kat .

Kat wish i could help but my doctor put me on tablets for Artrill friballation

(excusethe spelling )so i have never been on your medication ,i really hope you feel well soon ,Jane and Bess hope you two are okay.

Marigold i am so glad you have wrote you give me so much hope for getting better ,you give me faith hun ,.I wish i was going to tenerife too but this virus thats being going around our area knockes you off your feet its been like a flu virus and like always it goes straight on my chest, and in my heart i know i am not fit YET lol,i have had constant chest infections this last couple of years ,i am hoping when i am on thyroxine that absolutly all these dam symptoms and illnesses will go fingers crossed .

Not to be disappointed about not going to tenerife i have booked a holiday to Newquay in cornwall with a coach company ,i have a £100 voucher they sent me last year after complaining about one of their hotels in spain so its a really cheap holiday for me ,i go on the 27th august for 8 days if all is well .I am feeling quite a bit betterthan i was but my chest hasnt cleared yet ..Anyone want to come to cornwall with me :lol:

Take care all of you and love to you all xxxx

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your support Graves Gals, feeling a bit better after stopping the beta blockers. Unfortunately sinus infection is back think that's adding to me feeling so bad. Going to the Doctors tomorrow and expecting miracles!!

Marigold hope the lower dose of thyroxine starts to bring your levels back down soon, bloody GP's, good job you phoned the Endo.

Sue your holiday will give you something to look forward to, I really fancy Cornwall but it's a big old drive from my neck of the woods.

Bess god your daughter must have felt awful never thought about having a coffee. Hope you are feeling ok, did you find the calm switch yet :-)

Will let you know what the GP says tomorrow,

Take Care All,

Kat xxxx

• Posted

Hello all, hope u are ok,

Kat, how awful, what a nitemare you are having at present. It is temporary although does not feel like it at the time. I know what you mean about life on hold. My endo said he couldn't put me on a higher dose of BB as it would make my heartbeat too slow.

Talking about heartbeats last week as I took my son to a youth cycling race meet. His race was 3 miles long and on the last lap he was in front neck and neck with another youth for almost a mile. At the end of the race I was screaming like a banshee for him and jumping up and down when he won as it was such a close thing. The other mums were worried that I had gone purple as I had become so flustered my heart was really fast. I was so wired that I didn't sleep for 4 nights and felt really hyper all week......that'l teach me to not keep myself nice and calm like the endo said!

Marigold hope your thyroxine settles down soon, Sue hang in there hope you feel better soon, a holiday is just what you need. Bess normal coffee makes my heart go fast now I'm not used to it but I would never have thought of it as an antidote.

Take care

Jane

• Posted

Hi,

I'm back from the Doctor - yes I have a sinus infection and am running a temperature to boot! Have a weeks worth of antibiotics. He also gave me a different beta blocker 40mg proponalol which is the same as some you I think, he said these ones were short acting not like the previous slow release ones. I might just take half a one to see how I get on, just don't tell my hubby!!

He also signed me off for another month, not sure how I feel about that but I know I wouldn't be much use at work at the moment. I have my next blood test on 29th so fingers crossed my levels are heading down.

Jane how are you get on back on the Carbs? Are you still suffering with hyper symptoms other than ones brought on from cheering too much :-)

Take Care Everyone,

Kat xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.