Overactive thyroid graves Part 3

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi all,

to continue the posts please start using this thread.

I had my tsh checked the other day and it was spot on

i feel rubbish 2 days out of 15 or so

my eyes are sore but dont bulge too much

gee i get fed up

hope your all ok

1 like, 565 replies

565 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

evening all.

Kat, I had to laugh at you taking half your medication. My dad used to do that. It didn't matter what was prescribed he never took the proper dose.

Don't worry I won't tell your hubby. :lol: Sorry you have a sinus infection. It's very painful especially when you bend over. You feel like your head is going to drop off. I hope your next bloods are heading in the right direction. Take care.

Hi Jane. Have you been keeping calm? Remember what the endo said. smile If my thyroxine dose keeps going down I may end up not needing any at all. That would be a good result. I feel really well so that's the main thing. It's just a matter of time and you'll feel good too.

It might not feel like it sometimes, but it'll come right.

Hi Sue. Are you starting to feel better? You'll soon be fighting fit. You'll be looking forward to your holiday in August. It'll soon be here the way time flies. How's your little grandson now. Have his spots gone?

Bess, how are you feeling? Are you still munching the biscuits?

Hope everyone else is ok.

love,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

good morning everyone,

Still got chest infection ,need more antibiotics ,feel alot better than i did it seems that with graves illnessess take longer to get better, i have had nothing but constant chest infections for the last 2 years ,i have read its one of the symptoms .

How are you all ,fed up like me sad i cant wait to get my life back its such a looooooooooooong drawn out illness.

Marigold i had a list of things i wanted to ask you but they have gone from my head now :oops: i know one of them was how did you start to feel when you were going hypo .

must go be back later

take care

love sue xxx

• Posted

Morning Ladies and Gents,

There's a few germs going round, I too have a streaming cold which I have had for about a week.

Dare I say it but I am feeling a bit better, less hyper, less moody, hair loss seems to be slowing down a bit and my acne has gone as quickly as it came. I might try a glass of wine at the weekend you know really push the boat out!

I towed the caravan at the weekend, it wasn't that bad really, i kept forgetting it was there and like a complete idiot looking in the mirror and thinking ouch that's really close to the back of the car!

I am contemplating going on a diet as I am now quickly approaching the size of a house. Am I completely wasting my time or are there any diets that are better for gravers? Sue you managed one and lost weight what did you do or shall I just joint weight watchers? I did the hip and thigh diet years ago which was horrible but worked brilliantly.

Take care

Jane x

• Posted

Hello everyone.

Hi Sue, sorry you've still got your chest infection. I hope you feel better soon. You're right about graves being a loooooong drawn out illness, but you'll get there. I didn't really go hypo. My endo kept a very close eye on me as I have eye problems from when my graves first started many moons ago, and if I'd gone hypo it would have made my eyes worse.

I know it makes you feel cold and lethargic. and it can cause depression.

When you remember the other things you wanted to ask I'll help if I can.

Take care.xxxxx

Hi Jane. I haven't got cold, but there must be a lot of pollen about as I'm sneezing my head off. I'm pleased you're feeling a bit better. I'm not losing much hair now, but it feels like cotton wool. Even industrial strength mousse doesn't make any difference. :lol:

You did well to tow the caravan, it must be strange.

I don't know any diets for gravers, but you can give me some weight. It's 1 lb. on and 3 off at the moment. I'll have to stuff myself with fish and chips and pies. :lol: Take care.

love,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

hi Marigold,Jane, bess and Kat

Marigold just rememberd one of them :lol: did you get a very dry mouth more so at night ..No 2 eyes did you feel as if eyelashes were pricking your eyes and get a yellow discharge in them ...No 3 .Why has my doctor put me on tablets for Artrail fribrillalation (sorry about spelling) and not what you and jane are on ,i am on diltiazem prolonged release capsules 200 mg and yet when i had a heart echo gram they couldnt find anything wrong with my heart ,he also put me on clopidogral to thin my blood .I feel as if he has jumped the gun putting me on diltiazem dont you ..

I phoned morethan today for holiday insurance and he asked me all the medical questions and when it came to my thyroid i was stumped lol,i didnt know if i was still hyper or hypo or were the hell i was with it all ,but if i wanted a yearly and european one i would have had to pay over £330 ,he eventually told me to just take one out for this coming holiday .THe joys of GRAVES :? Heres me hoping all these symptoms will go when i eventually go hypo :lol:

Jane i still try to lose weight but its soooooooo hard i really dont think its worth trying untill we are more stable and on thyroxine ,(maybe marigold will lend us some of hers :wink: )my endo told me once i was on it my weight and everything else should improve , oh and well done towing the caravan ,did you go far ..

I am just going to have some green tea decaff and some fresh pineapple was told these help weight loss

Take care everyone sue xx ps not only still have chest infection ive also got a sore throat and tickly cough :tea:

• Posted

hi all hope you are all okay...marigold do you put drops in your eyes and if so do you get them off your doctor ..

throat feels like its on fire and have such a racking cough

take care love sue xxx

• Posted

Hi Sue. I'm pleased you remembered the questions. :lol: Hope you're feeling not too bad, you seem better.

No, I didn't get a dry mouth, but I had a sore, swollen tongue.

My eyes protrude a little bit so sometimes my eyelashes do feel as though they're catching a bit. I use eye drops (artificial tears). I get them on prescription and they help. However, if you have a yellow discharge it could mean you have an infection. I'd get them checked out.

My echo cardiogram was normal too. I had a heart murmur which was due to my T4 being so high and the blood was going through my heart too fast. I also took beta blockers to slow my heart down, but I'm off them now. If you're not happy I'd make an appointment and go and talk things over with your GP. They should explain things properly then you'd know why you were taking the medication. (I'm not much help am I?)

I'm trying though. Very trying my husband says. :lol:

I didn't lose weight because of the Thyroxine. I lost it last year when I was really hyper, and I haven't put any back on. I could have done without losing any as I was thin to start with. :lol: I'll sell you some Thyroxine though, but it'll be expensive. :lol:

I hope your sore throat and tickly cough go soon. I feel really tired today so I haven't done much. Take carexxxxxxx.

love,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

I had a bad swollen Tongue And my eyes feel like they've got grit in from time to time apparently the swollen Tongue is common after rai treatment.

Getting my bloods done this week as I am starting to pile the weight on.

I went down to 11 stone when I was badly hyper and my normal weight when exercising was always 12 stone,I am now weighing 13 stone 5 so I'm guessing my metabolism is slowing right down although I don't feel to bad.

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

I have been catching up with all your posts. To be honest I don't know how I feel!! Still blocked up with the sinus thing and don't know if that's making me feel not right or if it is the old thyroid. Feeling really dizzy and a bit jumpy, also noticed my neck is swollen mostly on the right side, this usually happens to me when I'm heading down the T4 scale so maybe a good thing? It will be 6 weeks on Tuesday since I had the RAI so fingers crossed. Jane how many weeks is it for you? Thats great you are starting to feel better there is hope for me yet, how was the wine?

Getting cabin fever as haven't gone anywhere due to feeling so bad with this bloody sinus thing, going to have to get in the car and even just go around the block to boost my confidence. When I couldn't sleep last night I ordered this special bottle that lets you squirt warm water up your nose to clean out your sinus, I know eww yuck! but if works I don't care :-)

It's my big girl's 12th birthday on Tuesday, my Hubby has taken her and some of her friends bowling this afternoon, we did have a party planned but I'm just not up to it, feeling so guilty but she tells me its fine. When and not if I'm feeling better I want to try and do something to make it up to them all might have to win the lottery first though ;-)

Take Care,

Kat xxxx

• Posted

barry i put weight on after rai so dont worry its normal, a sign of getting better i hope

my bloods came back clear, doctor doesnt think theres anything wrong. i feel great for 3 out of 4 weeks, dont know what it is, maybe work, life stress, i dont know

my father in law is very ill, that doesnt help everyone is worried

take care all dave

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

How are we all? I'm feeling okay, still getting hot but a bit calmer with heart not pounding out of my chest all the time. My neck is still swollen on the right side but I think it has gone down a wee bit.

I've ordered a supplement called Selenium which also combines vitamins A, C & E, I was reading an article which showed that people with GD that took 200mg of Selenium daily had lower amounts of antibodies and reached normal thyroid levels quicker, it also helps boost your immune system and god knows mine could do with a boost!! I'll let you know how i get on with them once they arrive.

I got on the scales yesterday and just about fell over somehow i have managed to loose 9lbs, this must be down to being Hyper although it didn't happen last time I was, the only good thing to come out of RAI!

Hope you are all getting on okay?

Kat xxxx

• Posted

hi everyone , been to the doctors again today ,never been so much in my life lol got antibiotic eye drops have to put them in 4 times aday ,another 15 day course of antibiotics for my chest and anti-inflammatory tablets for osteoarthritus :roll: i feel so impatient waiting to get back to normal

Arnt we all suffering through this little gland in our necks, bloody thyroids

i hate you. :lol:

Barry Dave Marigold Kat Bessand Jane im thinking about you all take care all of you

LOVE SUE xxxx

• Posted

Morning,

Just got my Selenium + vitamins mmmmm now have just read that it's okay to take if you have a healthy thyroid so that's something we don't have!!! Better not take any more till I speak to the doctor.

In between the grey clouds I think I can see some blue bits so going to try and get out with the mutt.

Have a good day,

Kat xxxx

• Posted

Hi Kat. I've just seen your post. I was taking Selenium ACE, but came off it when my thyroid went haywire. I'd be interested to know what your doctor says about it. Take care.

I'll be back later.

love,

Marigold

xxxx

• Posted

Hello all,

I am showing off doing this on my shiney new I phone which incidentally Kat I could manage without.

Sorry Sue you still feel bad, one of these days you will not be on antibiotics and feel loads better, my cold is clinging on more than normal I think our resistance is not what it could be.

I'm not too bad, did bloods this morning, work have agreed to let me have a paperclip counting type of job for the first few weeks when I go back which should be just what the doctor ordered he just doesnt know it yet! I can't just go back without occy health agreeing as he thinks work would be injurious to my health.

I only drove the caravan 30 miles just for it's service but if all goes well I have big plans on that front, will keep you posted.

KAt take it easy because I would have a good day and presume I was better, I am getting more good days now but am still really emotional and a

cry all day days still pop out of the woodwork without warning. They say it the propanolol which really gets me after about a month of taking them.

Take care

Jane x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.