Overactive thyroid graves Part 3

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi all,

to continue the posts please start using this thread.

I had my tsh checked the other day and it was spot on

i feel rubbish 2 days out of 15 or so

my eyes are sore but dont bulge too much

gee i get fed up

hope your all ok

1 like, 565 replies

565 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello everybody.

What miserable weather, I wish it would stop raining. We've just been to the garden centre and got soaked, we must be mad. :lol:

I'm pleased everyone is feeling a bit better, you'll soon all be fighting fit.

I'm feeling tired at the moment, but I get my blood checked next week so I'll see where I am.

Kat, you'll be pleased you've lost some weight. I wish I could put some on although I don't think I look as thin even though my weight has stayed the same. It's maybe just wishful thinking. You'll be able to have a party for your daughter when you feel better, you're wise not to push yourself when you don't feel up to it.

Sue. I know what you mean about going to the docs a lot. I think I should have my own seat with my name on it. :lol: I hope the antibiotics sort things out. Are you feeling any better? You're right, you wouldn't think such a small gland could cause so much havoc.

Jane. Our son and daughter-in-law have been getting themselves posh new phones. They're too complicated for me, it can make a call and receive one and look at my messages, and that's about it. I'm not much good with anything newfangled. Do you feel ready to go back to work yet? Don't rush back, your health is more important. I sometimes feel like a good cry for no reason, but not as often now.

I think you're very brave pulling the caravan, you could head off into the sunset. :lol:

Dave, hope you're ok, and hope your father-in-law gets better soon.

Thinking of Barry, Bess and everyone else.

Take care.

love,

Marigold

xxxx

• Posted

hello everyone. Thank god i am feeling better ,my chest hasnt fully cleared and my eyes still are not quite right but its a nice feeling feeling well to what i was....Well we are in for some sunshine i suppose we will all find some gardening to do :D i am sure marigold will lol,how are you still feeling tired..how are are you all ,well i hope

Take care all of you ,love sue xx

• Posted

Hello Everyone,

How are we all? I sitting in the garden writing this, its

beautiful today been miserable for so long, got my shorts and the factor 15 on making the most of it :-)

I'm feeling not too bad at the moment got a blood test tomorrow so will be really interested in the results. The swelling in my neck has gone down a wee bit aswell so not feeling so self conscious about it.

Got a busy few days coming up my daughter's year are doing a play so we have tickets to go and see it tomorrow night and then it's her leaving party on Thursday evening, she is going to high school after the holidays. And also my son is getting an award for Geography so we have his prize giving to go to as well then they break up on Friday for the summer holiday, phew!!!

Right back to the tan.

Kat xxxx

• Posted

Hello everyone.

Hope everyone is ok. I'm pleased it's a bit cooler today, the heat nearly finished me off yesterday.

Hi Sue. I'm pleased you're feeling a bit better, it's a lovely feeling when you finally get some energy and feel like doing something. You're right I've been doing some gardening. :lol: We bought a new pot today, and put a little tree in it. It looks nice. Then we've moved a few things round.

I don't get a fancy for moving furniture about in the house, but I like moving plants round. I'm only funny. smile I'm not feeling so tired, but I'm not very hungry and my right eye feels funny. It feels like there's something catching in the corner. It's maybe dry, I'll try putting some drops in. Take carexxxxxx.

Hi Kat. I'm glad you're making the most of the sun, it's nice to be able to get out in the garden. It's good you're not feeling too bad. It all just takes time.

I had my blood checked this morning, so I should get the results tomorrow. It took the nurse forever to find a vein. She said they're wobbly, but it just depends who's doing it.

It's a busy time for you. I can remember all the end of term things from when our son was young. I was pleased when he broke up for the summer holiday then it wasn't so hectic.

Hope everyone else is coping.

love,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

Hello all,

I saw the endo today, it turned out to be a junior doctor, I still dont have a straight answer on if the rai has or is working or if I can start to excercise again or if it mattered if I missed out one of the betablockers each day.

He did agree that I can look to go back to work and my bloods had come just in to the normal range to 5.9. My TSH had also gone up to 0.4 which they seemed to think was promising. They gave me the option of staying on carbs to be on the safe side or not in which case I may go overactive again fairly quickly. I have opted to go without because it has been 12 weeks since I had the rai and I am normally an eternal optimist. As you said Kat it is the only way of finding out if it has worked.

Marigold I think it was you or Barry who said something about the TSH moving up was good. All this rain and sunshine is great for the gardens your lawn will be fab.

Sue I am so glad that you seem to be feeling better, people round here seem to have Chicken Pox at present so it really must be doing the rounds.

Kat our kids don't break up till 22nd July which seems quite a way away yet. It's school sports day tomorrow, not quite up to the mums race yet but I am looooads better.

Hope everyone is okay.

Jane x

• Posted

Evening all!

Hi Jane. It's annoying when you can't get a straight answer. I think if you feel up to exercising it probably won't do you any harm, and if you feel ok missing one of the beta blockers then that's probably ok too.

That's good news that you can think about going back to work again.

Do you feel ready?

It's good your bloods are in the normal range. What was 5.9? It's low if it's your T4. The TSH is thyroid stimulating hormone, and if it goes up it shows it's telling your thyroid to produce more thyroxine. The fact that it's not producing enough could be because the rai has worked, or it could be due to the carbs. If you come off the carbs it should be clearer what is happening.

I got my results today. T4 18 and TSH 0.27. They're fine, I'm happy with that and I feel fine. I'm on 50 mcgs, Thyroxine. I have to have them checked again in four weeks.

We haven't had a lot of rain here, and our lawns are covered with clover.

I've never seen so much.

How's your husband doing?

Hope everyone else is okay.

love,

Marigold

xxxx

• Posted

Hi,

Crying my eyes out typing this just got my blood results this afternoon not good - TSH less than 0.01 T4 58 T3 19.6, receptionist told me that the GP has sent me a letter saying that he has written to the Endo for advice. I tried to phone the Endo myself but he had left for the day. I don't know what to do. I have some Carbs here wonder if I should starting taking them? The thing is I'm feeling not too bad or I was until I answered the phone!! Why couldn't the GP just phone the Endo or email, trust me to have a surgery that still uses the snail mail method, I get so frustrated with the length of time everything takes.

Roll on Monday.

Kat xx

• Posted

Hi Kat. Sorry your results are bad, I'm not surprised you're crying. That happened to me and I had to go back on carbs and thyroxine for three

months, but I'm fine now so try and look on it as a setback. I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Aren't some GPs hopeless? About as much use as a chocolate teapot. You'd think telephones and emails hadn't been invented. If you're not feeling too bad I think I'd hang on until Monday and then try and contact the endo yourself and ask him what to do. I think you'll feel better if you talk to someone who knows what's what. Carbimazole won't work straight away so a couple of days shouldn't make that much difference. Of course you'll have to do what you think is best, but that's what I would do. Why does everything have to happen on a Friday when everything is going to close down for the weekend.

Keep your chin up.

Take care,

Marigold

xxxxx

• Posted

Kat, I'm so sorry you have these results, its so discouraging when that happens. I'm sure this can be sorted out, try not to worry, you will soon get this right I'm sure. I agree with Marigold, I would wait on the carbs and speak to your endo. Yes, GP's are bl**dy hopeless with thyroids. The thing to remember is that if you were feeling fairly ok, these results must be temporary, hang on in there girl !

Hope that everyone coming through the rough patches, its the length of this horrible business that gets us all down I think. I have a blood test booked for Thursday, GP will then decide whether to take me off carbs. Anyone had itchy skin being on carbs for a long time ? Love to all, take care. (Where's the sun gone ?!) Bess xxx

• Posted

Marigold/Bess thank you for your support, still feeling a bit weepy but I think it's more frustration than anything, I'm terrified that being even more overactive triggers my heart to go into atrial fibrillation again, my current levels are now the same as when I was first diagnosed. I know you said to wait but just for my own peace of mind I have starting taking 10mg of Carbs I figure they are going to start me on them come Monday/Tuesday anyway!

Trying to stay calm and stress free till Monday.

Thanks again lovely ladies.

Kat xx xx

• Posted

Kat, have you got any Propanolol ? If you have, it might help you through the weekend and will calm your heart. I'm sure you won't go into AF again, it would have happened before you got your results if it was going to. Thinking of you, you'll be ok. Bess xx
  • Posted

Hi Bess,

I was just signing off when I saw your post. Yes I do have Propanolol and took one last night to help me sleep. Thats the funny thing though my heart isn't racing and I don't really have any other hyper symptoms apart from a bit of anxiety, and still losing weight. My hubby even remarked that he had noticed I was much calmer this past week, I said to him do you think they've mixed up my results!!

Thanks again for being there don't know what I would do without this forum.

Kat xx

• Posted

Hi Kat. I must admit when you said you felt ok I wondered if they'd mixed your results up. My T4 was 61 when I was diagnosed last year, and I felt like I was going to die. I certainly didn't feel calm. You did right to take some Propranolol.

Take care. It'll soon be Monday and you'll get something sorted out.xxxxx

Bess. I hope your blood test is ok. I didn't have itchy skin when I was on carbs, but I think Sue did. I got some lovely biscuits from Sainsburys today, with bits of chocolate in. They make them instore. They're in a packet, but the packet could do with being a bit bigger. :lol:

Take care.

xxx

hope everyone else is ok.

love,

Marigold

xxxx

• Posted

Hello all,

Bloody hell Kat you're well hyper if those numbers are correct. And your GP should have done something a bit quicker than write to your endo. THey do T3 here and my upper limit is 6, yours is triple that. Take it easy and try the endo again in the morning who will put your mind at rest if nothing else. I didnt feel that bad when my T3 was 34 I went to the docs because of the nosebleeds I was having not thyroid symptoms. Incidentlly I havnt had a nosebleed for a couple of months now.

I've been away for the weekend in the caravan. Am tired out now and we havnt done much but at least us two old clapped out things made it. Hubby is ok a bit sore and a lot hot in the latest spell of lovely weather. It was lovely to get away and do normal things rather have your life on hold for once.

Hope everyone else is good

Jane x

• Posted

Hi Kat. Just wondering how you are. I hope you get things sorted today.

Let us know what happens.

love,

Marigold

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.