Overdoses not coping

Posted , 8 users are following.

I cant explain how I feel or how I get into this state. Over the last month I have tajen 5 impulsive overdoses (note. Not suicide attempts) when I get particularly intense feelings of sadness and despair and cannot cope. After everytime I feel stupid and promise myself that I will not do it again..but then intense feelings start and I do.

I dont know how to stop it.. and the intense feelings usually come in the evenings like tonight..my anxiety gets so strong and I feel such overwhelming sadness so much that I feel sick to my stomach.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I know where you are coming from i do the same mix diazepam, alcohol, been gettng migraines lately asked the pharmacist what can I take ibrofopen or miagralieve she said no it would react with diazepam and make me too sleepy. So what does my head say that's a good idea. Went to another chemist bought 48 ibrofophen so I could mix them. Dr's too emergency appointment as had a melt down at work got a prescription for migralieve as she said it is fine. so now i have all three to mix and match with alcohol. If it goes wrong it does, I know just to escape for awhile I even slept most of last night too no dreams no nothing. Woke not refreshed but very vague blank numb and empty. 

• Posted

Careful with ibuprofen though..burn a hole in your stomach 😣

• Posted

Also avoid anything with paracetamol..that will make you very ill, liver damage or death. I avoid such things..
    • Posted

Only take the recommended doses of paracetamol, and yes got told take ibuprofen with food but sometimes what the hell when I am feel like rebelling. Chuck a few sertraline in too sometimes, i know it is wrong but it does hlep numb the brain for a while. 

Anyway the plan is take a mixture with alcohol then go swimming in the sea when the time is right.

You look after yourself and try not to harm yourself further. Talk to your gp, MH team. 

Tina x

• Posted

I know how it feeld to have no help, as my rape counselling wss stopped 6 weeks ago, still battling for support and NOT anti bloody depressants, have assessment in 2 weeks very glad! Keep talking on here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.