overload

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi cant describe im going through at mo had the xray on my knee found out i havemild oesteoarthritis to add to my list of ailments feel fed up i blame my parents keeping us children doing homework no sunlight and fresh air grrrr

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sure you don't really blame your parents - lets face it if they hadnt made you do your homework, you'd have been in trouble at school with detention etc., so even less time to go out to play and also you could have been out scampering around instead of doing schoolwork and ended up with a broken limb, which would have caused arthritis anyhow.  There's not really any evidence to suggest that being outdoors would have prevented your arthritis anyhow.  OA is due to inflammation or loss of cartilage which can be down to wear and tear or injury - have you injured that knee in the past? Are you possibly overweight - because that excess weight to carry can make joints wear more quickly.  Lots of factors to consider but in the end it's not really worth fixating on what caused it but how you can best deal with it from now on.  Take your doctor's advice re healthy options to ease the progression of the disease and help with pain prevention.  I have OA in several joints and whilst it's not nice having pain, it's definitely not the end of the world and I've managed to adjust my life to work around it.
    • Posted

Thank you for your nice reply had a terrible childhood so i do blame my parents maybe being out in the fresh air wouldnt have helped no im not overweight suppose its my age havent sat down to talk to doc about what happems next have an appointment next week sorry i seem offensive but im soo annoyed with myself for having it all i mean illnessesx
    • Posted

you definitely dont seem offensive - I so understand the anger at being told of yet more health issues.  I get to the point where I think - not ANOTHER thing wrong, when is this going to stop!  I hate being ill in any way and try very hard to get on with life and pretend it isn't happening but every time something new is diagnosed and added to the list, I'm furious that my body is letting me down - I even feel embarrassed by it at times, so I really do commiserate.  Honestly, there isn't much that happened in your childhood that will have influenced OA in later life - unfortunately it's part and parcel of a) wearing out our joints and b) if in the UK - our cold damp winters have a lot to do with it.  Do chat to your doc, firstly it will be good to find out just how progessed it is and whether you can do anything to prevent it worsening - because that's always a possibility.
    • Posted

A you seem like a nice geniune person sorry to hear you r the same its not fair im the person who always looked after everyone else and being their for everyone since ive started having the diagnosis i have felt vulnerable and in constant pain actually im really bad today glad i have the day off sending bestwishesx
  • Posted

Hi hot picks so sorry to hear you have osteoarthritus, on top of everything. else. having to deal with fibro is enough in its self with out anything else thrown in to the mix. Your parents arnt to blame, osteo occurs whentheir is damage in around joins that the body cant fully repair. They say the risk factors are being over weight getting older joint injury a couple more things cant remember what they are. loxie has hit the nail on the head with her replies to you. I know its not nice when we are hit with something else, but we cant always stop things happening to us.Have a chat to your gp about it they will advise you.in the mean time just take things a day at a time take care gentle hugsmile 
    • Posted

Thank you its lovely to know there rkind people out who listen and try to help appreciate it wish i could afford to retire i had to say something to make me laugh hugsxx
    • Posted

that's the great thing about these forums, we can have a rant and feel sorry for ourself and someone always has something encouraging or helpful to say which makes us feel better inside, even if it doesn't take away the pain.  Our GP's should take a note of this - listening can be as big a cure as throwing yet another prescription at us - but they in the main dont seem to want to listen unfortunately.
    • Posted

feels good to get some of it out of my system lol be will be on here for a week letting off steam cheersx
  • Posted

I too had an xray on my left knee and also was diagnosed with osteoarthiritis. This is uncomfortable when climbing up and down stairs. It's wear and tear, so another pain to contend with alongside Fibro....rolleyes

Still staying positive and hoping the next day will be a better day.

• Posted

Hi i have so much to contend with at mo im trying to stay positive but all this pain every day its very hard hugsxx
    • Posted

Hope you have a much better day today, just take each day as it comes. The pain is very hard going with fibro it just wears you down. if you possibly can distract yourself from the fibro, whether its reading abook or watching tele messaging us girls anything to take your mind off the pain. stress worrying makes our condition worse it causes us even more pain. I know its hard I really wish a cure could be found. but until then we just have to plod on as best we can. just take each day as it comes and go with the flow. take care chin up gentle hugssmile
  • Posted

Sorry to hear u feel so rubbish. I think some of the issues arise from the fibro pain preventing normal movement. Can't exercise cos of pain and in turn get more problems as we are supposed to move a lot to keep our bones and supporting structured strong. I know my muscles spasm so I walk stiffly sometimes and I did just have 1 bad swollen knee which has been going for a while but now the other one is going wrong too.

• Posted

Poor you,HOTpicks, really feeling for you..the same thing happened to me and I live in Australia so had heaps of sunlight..sure you don't blame your parents-many these days don't care about their kids doing homework... Found mine was genetic..I have AO in many places now...but I had to have a knee op 3 years ago...they scraped torn ligament out...was only keyhole surgery...it was bone on bone..still feels a tad different..but no pain...hope you have a lovely day HOTpicks, be blessed....look at the half full glass...I do, it really helps when we have other issues creeping up on us.,positive thinking and being stressless is such a key to living with Fibro... remembering our worrying about something changes absolutely nothing at all..only negatively consumes our time and makes us feel much worse..I found out the hard way...blessing to you..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Hotpicks; I have read all others' comments, and yes they have helped.  I don;t think " access to sunlight" is a contibuting factor, as I grew up on "what we in Australia, call Properties/Stations", and spent ALL of my life in the sun/playing sports....this along with "an hereditary factor"...my siblings and father and his two sisters also have/had bad OA....so there are many factors which cause OA....for this pain, I take Voltaren with Pariet (to protect my gastric lining), and Rarely feel the pain from the Osteo...if you combine these with your meds for your Fibro (and hoping that you are on proper meds for this), you will learn how to cope......We ALL agree that it is like "going through the stages lf grieving", for that is what we all have to do....grieving for the person we were....and if you have had to grieve a lost person, you will understand the Stages....anger is one of them....so keep blogging re anger,  that is The Best way to move through this stage, then you start to accept, and find the Best ways to cope..............will be waiting for your next input, and will see how you go.......NEVER be afraid to talk/type, it is the best thing for you emotionally.    Also I understand re the "always being there for others", as many of us have also been there, too........as I once told on this site, from my research, that most sufferers of Fibro, have that "particular Personality Trait", the Giving/caring/empathic/perfectionist/leader  personality, that are prone to resulting in Fibro.....so don't be too hard on yourself/others who don't Understand, they never will, as They Don't Feel the Pain.....your aim  now is "To Look after YOU", and as hard as it is, learn to say NO, "I can't do.....it today".....let us know how you progress...............winkBron
    • Posted

morning bronwyn how are you? its 4.45 in the morning in the uk, I cant sleep I very hot in pain with my back worried over my dog and hubby snoring so loud, I think hes woken our neighbourhood up? we took charlie to the vets yesterday vet asked if he had come into contact with another dog. he thinks he may of been bitten and its infected. hes on antibiotics steroid tablets. with charlies fur being so thick we hadnt seen anything until we came to bath him and groom him. I told the vet he had been in kennels he said we have no proof but he thinks spmething has gone on their. Im extremly upset over charlie and very angry, he wount be going in kennels again. we left him in a different kennel when we went a way last year for 3 days he came back ill from the kennels we had to take him to the vets. Hope your not in too much pain take care gentle hug
    • Posted

Hi Kaz

Poor Charlie, hope he recovers well. So sad to hear that this may have happened at the kennels.

Pamper him and he will be back to normal soon. Big hugs to Charlie and you. wink x

• Posted

so sorry to hear about your dog Kaz, sick pets are even more worrying than our own health sometimes.   I'm sure he'll get better quickly now he's on the right meds.

Thinking back to another thread about how to get family/friends to understand what we're going through - I often get snappy with my partner for not comprehending my invisible pain and why it makes me a miserable xxxxx at times.  This morning he mentioned he didnt have a clue what to get me for my 60th birthday later this month.  I insisted I didnt need/want anything special and he could just take me out for a meal while we're on holiday around that time.  He then said - "if I could I'd buy you a pain free life" - I felt so guilty about all my grumpiness hearing that. 

• Posted

Ahh bless him thats alovely thing to say, our other halves may not always no what to say and how to help us. But we have to remember their going through this too. They feel for us the pain we are in they are helpless to help us. Their was a rain bow the other day I said to my husband lets make a wish he said to me do you want to know my wish. I said well your not suppose to say he said well I will just this once, he said it was to take my pain away. he said I hate seeing you as you are and in so much pain. he said I feel so useless bless him.  They are going through it as much as we are.If my husband asked what I wanted for my list, he would of been handed a printed listlol I would then get to see the panic in him as all he could see was £ signs take care gentle hugs  
    • Posted

Hi Bee charlies getting more pampered than melol hes got my husband son running round after him, we are all quite up set to see him how he is. we will do all we can to get him right. hope your not in too much pain hope everything ok your end. sun is shinning in telford. Im in agony with my back but plodding on, I bent over this morning to do some polishing it took me 15 mins to be able to straighten again? never mind onwards upwards battle on take care hun gentle hugssmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.