overload

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi cant describe im going through at mo had the xray on my knee found out i havemild oesteoarthritis to add to my list of ailments feel fed up i blame my parents keeping us children doing homework no sunlight and fresh air grrrr

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Hot,

I know... bad chldhood experiences affect you throughout your life.

Nonetheless Osteoarthritis has more to with genes and injuries than anything else. I had a bad traffic acident 30years ago and sure enough I've got osteoa. in my injured shoulder. A good thing to do, besides exercise to tolerance, is to take glucosamine + chondrointin for 3-4 months in a row then stop for 1 or 2 then restart again. Some compoounds are better then others so it's advisable to shop around. 

Take care.

• Posted

Hi HOTpicks, just reading through your post, it made me smile, not in a nasty way I was thinking about my parents. I spent my childhood with horses or climbing trees, building dens, having fun. My father who was a clever man, an architect, didn't believe in homework , he said we spend enough time in school, they get paid enough so we shouldn't need to do homework. We turned out ok, my brother was the youngest headteacher in the country, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do so I've worked in a chemists, newsagents, trained as a hairdresser, secretary for concerts manager in an orchestra, riding instructress, Counsellor many more. Every time I came off a horse and broke a bone my mother  told me I'd get arthritis, she was right! Looking back I believe my grandmother had fibro, she was always I'll, the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her so she was labelled a malingerer. I thought I was the same till I got my diagnosis, even then I wasn't sure, I can remember telling my boss I thought I was just lazy, she soon got that idea out of my head. I guess blaming somebody anybody is natural but really it isn't anybody's fault although I think mine might have started after being hit by a drunk driver, having a baby, husband leaving while I was pregnant, father having heart attack all within a year might have had a hand in it.

take care, rest, gentle hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.