Overwhelming anxiety and ocd

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm new here and desperately seeking advice! I am 25 female, mum of a three year old , third year student nurse and work part time 😖 - very busy!

I have always been anxious and obsessive especially in relation to health - from about 5 years old.

I have experienced random Muscle twitches widespread for years and it's very unnerving. Been to gp a lot who simply say anxiety. Had blood tests all okay but I live in constant fear of neurological conditions and I don't know why. I'm planning to start citalopram as of next week. However I find myself zoning In on something new like shaky legs going only downstairs. I can be rational at times and say its just anxiety but other times like now I'm convinced the gp Has missed something. They don't seem concerned but I get into panic mode and cannot rationalise. I was hoping someone could offer words of wisdom as its taking over my life 😩

Thanks.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I signed up for this website because I needed to hear that someone else is having similar symptoms as me.  I know how difficult it is to try and convince yourself that it is anxiety causing your problems and not a real "condition"!  As soon as you convince yourself... that voice of doubt creeps in and makes your stomach turn and creates a feeling of doom!  I am 60 years old and have been through just about every fear there is about my health.  I am currently experiencing something similar to you...with shaking/twitching of my muscles in the back of my arms, legs and neck.  Sometimes I feel like I am going to lose control of my legs!  It IS very scary!  This is a new condition for me...  It seems we always create something that we have never had before so we can get scared all over again. The only thing I can tell you is that your mind is a powerful thing!!!  It can create anything it wants to.  As hypochondriacs (lets face it) we seem to want to worry about our bodies in place of worrying about our daily stresses...and it seems that you have your plate full with an overload of stress!  I have been to the doctor also and feel that they have missed something...but very rarely is this the case!  My advice...believe your doctors, meditate, yoga, eat well, thank God for this beautiful earth and your life (it sounds like it is a good one!) and your loved ones.  Be thankful...grateful...live each day as it comes!  I know that it is hard...  easier to just take a pill...but I truly believe that there is no pill for us!  Read self help books. There are sooooo many like us.  Read through the many discussions on this website and see how many are having a harder time than you...that should make you feel better.  Hang in there! 

• Posted

Hello, its Anxiety causing all your problems. You can have every test and I bet you are 100% heathy. I have been where you are and I thought I had a Brain Tumor and I had a CT Scan and blood work and the DR told me to see a psych for help so I did and he put me on Meds. My story is alot longer but overall the Med's and positive thinking and diet and exercise help control it. Good luck. 

• Posted

I had a eye lid twitch for a whole month. Imagine that. I was quite run down at the time and on paroxetine (seroxat)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.