Ozempic weekly shot

Posted , 30 users are following.

I am just over a month of diabetes diagnosis. I was put on metformin twice a day. I just went to new primary care and she wants to add Ozempic injections once a week. She says it has also helped with weight loss. Has anyone tried this yet? Ā And if so any advice or reviews?

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I ' ve been on it for a month now. Lost 10 pound cut my appetite a lot but I also have nausea notfun hope it will go away

• Posted

I ' ve been on it for a month now. Lost 10 pound cut my appetite a lot but I also have nausea notfun hope it will go away

• Posted

My doctor put me on Ozempic March 22. I am 5'4" and weighed 188 at the time. I started the first month at .25 and I lost my appetite and was nauseas. I had diarrhea and vommiting the first time. It was unpleasant to say the least but I got through it. It was only one day and afterwards, I felt fine, but noticed I wasnt hungry all the time. After a month upped dosage to .50 and I got sick on the second day because I had pizza. Only one day of sickness. I am now 4 months in and I weigh 157 and my A1c dropped 2 whole pts. For me, its worth being nauseas, having occasional diarrhea and having no appetite for the benefits. However, I am currently at home because I was laid off, so no worries about running to bathroom. I am so greatful for the lower numbers and weight loss. For me, its like a miracle weight loss drug.

• Posted

Hi all - sorry to hijak this thread. I'm planning to start taking Ozempic this week. I know from all the warnings and reviews that nausea is a common side effect but I wondered if anyone experienced acid reflux too? I struggle with acid reflux particularly, so I'm not keen to take anything which might aggrevate this.

• Posted

Hi. I just took my 1st dose 0.25, four days ago.needless to say, im never taking it again. I have been sick as z dog nausea, vomiting, the heartburn has brought me to tears, missing work.day 2 I was lethargic. its getting a little better, but I have to force myself to eat, its like gerd,the food just sits there,and any burp,its coming up.its the most horrible feeling. I csnt imagine how anyone can get their nutrition in, I didn't and couldn't eat a thing,and had to in order to not go.low.it had an immediate effect on my bloodsugar for the better,im disappointed it doesn't agree with me.My story doesn't mean its your story, I will have to try a different injection med,and im.petrified. cant wait till this gets out of my system. Good luck, I hope your response is betteršŸ˜

• Posted

I've been on Ozempic since July 2020 along with Metformin. The nausea does go away as does the diarrhea. i have lost 50 lbs and my AIC came down 2 points. It has really helped me.

• Posted

Hi Vicky. I have been taking Ozempic now for 2months. I have lost 25lbs. It really curbs appetite and causes you to eat less. I feel great. at start it had its side effects like all meds. I was tired and nausea with headache. Allot of it also has to do with me eating less and my food choices. I also do CICO and that has be wonderful.

• Edited

I've been on Ozempic since July 2020 along with Metformin. The nausea does go away as does the diarrhea. i have lost 50 lbs and my AIC came down 2 points. It has really helped me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.