P.M.R. I.P.F. pneumonia and trip to Australia!

Posted , 2 users are following.

can anyone help please, I had overnight stay in hospital, had intravenous antibiotics for pneumonia and I was told to double my 5mg pred for 5 days and then drop down to five again. Will that be ok as alarm bells are ringing and I'm not sure. 

My other problem is I'm hopefully going to my grandaughters wedding in Sydney Aus. 23rd March But 2years ago I had another bout of pneumonia and after finding shadowing on my lung after xray, had scan and diagnosed Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (I.P.F)apparently long standing from maybe horses, hay, years ago who knows! In the mild stages get short of breath up hills or in certain conditions. I am fit and well normally and can walk about 30 mins. Apart from a few hiccups when I first had P.M.R thankfully I've been very lucky when I see what some of you have to go through. Couldn't have done it without this group though. You're all so helpful. G.P agreed I could stay at 5mg for trip. Problem is travel firms will not insure the I.P.F even though I'm not on oxygen. Terminal illness clause I suppose. 

Will speak to my lung team about the risks. GP says it's a tricky one.

i want to be able to do what I can while I can. Don't want to have to sell the house to pay for medical bills! Does anyone else have both these illnesses? 

I get pretty depressed at times. I act and look so well so it's hard for friends and family to understand. Luckily my wonderful husband is always there for me, couldn't do without him. Sorry this is a bit long winded. Look forward to your suggestions. Marilyn.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.