P1NP levels

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi everyone, Iv'e had a P1NP test to calculate the response of the fosamax for the bone density, my G.P ran to say that the fosamax is working wonderfully and my body is very good at absorbing it, my P1NP levels are at 20 ug/L. i had to google all this, i had no idea what any of it meant. She want's me on it for another 5 years

The thing is that i havn't taken the fosamax

is that strange? anyone had a similar experiance?

Hope you are all good

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds very typical of the medical profession these days.

• Posted

Hi Elleen,

The scan was broken down between normal, osteopenia and osteoporosis. My spine was osteopenia in the middle of that range.. i think like -1.5.. and my hip osteoporosis like -2.3, which was on line between the two. I didnt get a copy, but will check numbers if it shows in patient portal. i am sensitive to foods and meds and have decided to work to build my densities this year without meds.

If i am unsuccessful, then i will try some form of the meds, as i will be retired or at least semi-retired by next OCT.

• Posted

Figures about -1.5 are perfectly OK and don't justify the use of AA. -2.3 is borderline - but Anhaga used exercise and supplements to improve her hip score from -2.1 (intervention recommended) to -1.6 (no action required) in a year.

It's always difficult - but I would want to try Anhaga's way first.

• Posted

thanks Eileen and Anhaga.. i am going to try my best with everything i can to avoid the AA.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.