PAE just done. Piece of cake but now the payback 3-5 days of burning tip. Ciprofloxacin was prescicr

Posted , 11 users are following.

** back** does anyone know anything about ciproflaoxacin done like side effects but pae dr pricrible?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Alan, I am in the same situation as you with regard to walking and at no time did I use any of the three prescriptions for more than three days before tendonititis started. Each time I stopped it and the tendonitis seemed to go but it has a cumulative effect that can be triggered by later drugs .Over one weekend I went from being someone who could walk six or eight miles to being unable to walk unaided.

The doubters should go to the Floxie Hope site and read the links to the EMA (European medicines Agency ) conference , the FDA, The BMJ and the news reports on all US TV networks.

• Posted

To Drummer, et.al.

The medical profession knew about these issues for over 15 years. The problem we all faced was getting them to BELIEVE!!!

I think the mass of believers has now gown to critical mass so we (the patients) are winning the battle, finally!

Best wishes to all the participants, most of them unwilling, and I personally thank them all for their input in sharing their own experiences, Warm regards alan86734.

• Posted

Alan,

ill effects of Cipro were well known before year 2001, means at least 18 years ago. FDA could ban it if finds that it's harm is greater than benefit it could provide. So gar it was not banned, It should be a reason for such cavalier behavior of organization that was created to protect us from harm

• Posted

drummer 10, Pae worked out nice for you,thats great. Why is your Dr prescribing cipro? Antibiotic are for infections, or to prevent an infection. How long did the PAE take, where did you have it done?

Nice to hear a good report on PAE.

frank,

• Posted

it took about 2 hours or little less Done in Tampa General Hospital USF

by DR Davis and says CIPRO IS to prevent infection of prostrate along with 4 other RX Was suppost to burn when pee but so far 48 hours slight burn no biggy now wait to see if it works but great place great DR!

• Posted

I spoke to Dr Davis (a great guy) a while back about doing a PAE. I sent him my MRI and he said my enlarged median lobe may prevent a good outcome. Do you know if he's now able to successfully treat guys with enlarged median lobes like some of the other IR's out there?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.