PAE PROGRESS TIME TABLE

Posted , 12 users are following.

Can anyone tell me if they saw any improvement in BHP symptoms 3 weeks post and any time table to see any improvement at all

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

First week after my PAE took Tylenol and second Flomax to get through low level soreness, then after second week back to where I was before operation. By 1 month minor improvement and this continued for about six months. Went off all Flomax. Median lobe prevented me from further improvement. I would say progress was on the order of 20% from before procedure. Then, after about a year BPH symptoms returned. Wish I had known about the median lobe before but the PAE was so easy that it was worth a try.

Had a bipolar TURP two months ago and improvement continues, but at a very slow pace, similar to PAE. If it turns out I have a bladder neck issue then will have to consider something else other than prostate reduction.

• Posted

Maybe it's a bit early. 1 month-to 6 months and beyond you should see gradual improvements. It could be in waves. Depends on the status of your bladder and it ability to relax to normal stage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.