PAE RE

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can you get RE with a PAE procedure ???

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No, but give the inflammation time to die down.

• Posted

Yes, PAE can cause RE, but it could be temporary. It depends on your luck. I had it 6 month after PAE, but it didn't influence strength of my orgasms. It went away 6 months after PAE. It is very individual. It probably depends how the necrosis of the prostate develops after ischemia and infarction caused PAE. In most patients of PAE (from what I have read on this site and some scattered data from review papers) erection is the same or better, and most men can last longer in sexual act. I experience the same effect, but erection strength didn't change. RE can happen for many reasons: super-large prostate from BPH, alpha-blockers, TURP, etc. There are no specific reasons for RE after PAE , because the procedure is not specific for any part of the prostate. I hope, I answered your questions.

• Posted

Hi Drummer, how are your BPH symptoms with the PAE? Hasn't it only been 1 week or less? Give it some time!

There was NO CHANCE I was testing whether or not I had RE after 1 week. I had extreme pain for 3-4 days after procedure, and 1 week I was just settling down. I tried first ejaculation after 3 weeks and I had blood in semen, but not RE. Going on 5 weeks now and still a little blood, but moving back to normal.

• Posted

Bob I had no pain which scares me I found the RE just to test MYSELF Who did you r PEA I just went to Dr Clifford Davis in USF Tampa General IR He said tip would burn no Burn. No Pain just said my body is full of Plac and see me in 6 months which I am going to give it time but after effects just dont add up hope Im wrong BPH are the same or worse but that I expect.. Please let me know your IR and where they are.

• Posted

Drummer, I wish you all the best!

On my first day home, I complained to my Doc of the unbearable pain and discomfort. He replied that it was a good sign that PAE is doing its job! I Hope the opposite is not true for you.

My Doc did a full pelvic CT scan BEFORE agreeing to do the procedure. I assume to qualify me as a good candidate. He said I was a good candidate and said I had very little plaque and went ahead with the procedure. I don't know about plaque or about being a good candidate, all I know is that in my case the PAE has been LIFE CHANGING!

Here is my experience:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/my-pae-at-ucla-april-2019-700378

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.