PAE TREATMENT for BPH?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Can anyone recommend a good doctor in the NYC/Northern NJ area for PAE TREATMENT?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I did a google search and found a doctor at Yale New Haven who claims to have done more PAE's than anyone else in the Northeast. I don't remember his name. Just do a search for pae yale

• Posted

I live 100 miles north of NYC. I had a PAE performed by Dr Bagla in VA, and it was absolutely worth the traveling. He is extremely experienced, attentive, and accessible. I spoke with him on the phone and traded emails with his staff numerous times prior to the procedure.

• Posted

A good doctor will probably talk you out of PAE.

• Posted

He is looking for a specific area, the largest in the USA, and nobody knows of any there.

• Posted

Go a little further to Isaacson at UNC in North Carolina. Outstanding and has probably done over 1000. When I had my procedure he had done about 300 and it was a miracle for me.

• Posted

i will check him out... how long ago did you have it done?

• Posted

A good doctor will encourage not discourage it. That poster must be a Urologist. They are medieval with surgeries that cut and burn and will screw up your life both sexual and otherwise.

• Posted

Ribz99, don't listen to these naysayers. My IR Professor got his training under Dr. Isakson, from NC and it was a miracle for me too. His is now at Stanford, but going NC from NY area is not that bad. I agree Drs. Bagla and Isakson are the best choice, but you have somebody in NYC, doing this too.

Good luck.

• Posted

Gene

What about Dr Bhatia at Univ Miami Miller School of Medicine?

Ive read Bagla is outstanding technically but little follow up post surgery.

I would think if someone is at Stanford, as your IR is, they have to be good

thanks

• Posted

Michael

FYI: I had three follow-up phone calls with Dr Bagla, and was offered a fourth, which I didn't think was necessary.

Rich

• Posted

Thanks Rich

That is good to know

How soon after your PAE did you see improvement in flow and LUTS?

My prostate is 130 cc with median lobe

Need 0.8 mg Flomax to pee

PVR is 55-85 mL and get up 1-4x per night

I wrestle between

PAE and HOLEP

I talked briefly w Bagla. He seemed preoccupied and rushed. Contrast w Dr Karamian who answered a lot of questions in a long conversation

I wish I could fly out to meet Bagla and Bhatia for a consult but that's not possible

I have a lot of questions

Do you think I can email Bagla?

• Posted

oh, Bagla's office was good in providing me w an out of pocket estimate after insurance of around 4K

FLA is not an option since it is not insured

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.