Pain 2 years after total hysterectomy

Posted , 15 users are following.

im experiencing pelvis pain, where my uterus used to be, I had everything removed so wondering what are these twinges and pains that come and go? Anybody had this?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also had a sub total hystetectomy just ovaries left. Since operation I have had pelvic pain on and off but now it's continuous. It been over a year now. I have had lots of investigations but nothing comes back.Have been told it's phantom uterine pain. A bit like when u loose a limb ur brain still thinks it's there. Have had lots of pain injections, blocks but so far nothing has helped. I'm on continuous morphine patches and other pain relief. I didn't think that I would be like this a year on. I'm sorry you are also experiencing pain too. I suggest you see your GP for further investigation.

Let me know if you get any answers. smile

• Posted

Oh dear sounds very similar, I too thought once my hysterectomy was done and dusted no more excruciating pain. Ok, the pain I have is nowhere near as bad as before but just feels like ovulation pain and twinges, I keep thinking it can't be right! I be read about adhesions that can form on scar tissue but don't think there's a solution to that as it could end up having an op to get rid of adhesions but more can form from having the 2nd op, so seems like going round in circles. I just hope they become less regular but I never had these last year, this is my 2nd year since op.  Yours must be painful to be on morphine, god I was on morphine injections before my op, i do hope this pain goes away 

• Posted

Hi. I had a total vaginal hysterectomy 2 years ago kept ovaries and tubes. I seem to be going backwards I am still having pains every month sharp twinge inside vagina and a feeling of pressure too. I'm having a laparoscopy in July to see if it's endo again?

• Posted

Hi Sharon my doctor has referred me back to my gynae but i feel like I'm wasting her time really

• Posted

Me too. My LAVH BSO was 18 months ago. With major adhesiolysis. Have had loads of scans and tests as pain when walking and problems with bladder and bowels. Adhesions apparently might have cause kink in tubes, so doc going to investigate, needs releasing despite risk of more...had adhesiolysis comp,etely across back and organ separation..worst side has actually been majorly better since first op, just the hyster site that is causing me probs.  It's nice to read of other folks good recoveries, but thankful not only one in slower recovery boat, feels like such a lonely journey most of time, doesnt it?...not that I wish for other folks to be in pain. Sometimes feel people are thinking "oh, arent you better yet, get over it already, i, my grandmother, aunty, whoever they knew had 'a hysterectomy'...didnt have all these problems, you must be a hypo, milking it, whatever"...but even the kind questions/responses can leave you a little 'low'...fed up not being able to say 'i'm great, better, fantastic'..please God, one day soon..

anyway, sorry going on a bit! Hope you get help and all sorted. Dont suffer. Dont be fobbed off either. You dont need to struggle, there is help out there, sometimes just need perserverance to get it.

very best wishes

KarenG

• Posted

I had a partial Hysterectomy a few years ago and having severe pelvic pain. My dr thinks it could be scar tissue from that surgery and having appendix removed. If continues maybe you should talk to your Dr about possible scar tissue. That doesn't show up on ultrasounds. Good luck

• Posted

hello nanny rose. i am experiencing the same pains. on and off. i have them 1 to 2x a month. its terrible. im wondering why im having them as well. been told me see obgyn due to pain. honestly im tired of the pain. mines gotten so bad that it put me in bed and keeps me from being able to stand or walk.

• Posted

i still get it too, a couple of days in the month. Let me know how you get on, i dont really want another op so i take strong painkillers on my bad days but if it gets any worse i will have to take action. Hope you get sorted soon x

• Posted

Hi there nanny Rose - i had full hysterectomy to remove cancer which wad successful as early stages - about 11.5 months ago and in the last two months have had all sorts of random pains in stomach area, in my side and in perineum. i stopped doing squat exercises when perineum pain began which began with a pulling sensation but other pains are all over abdomen and belly and in my side and they are usually shortlived but very painful and do concern me l - i wondered also if other people have developed pains more so since exercising or is it a coincidence perhaps? i would appreciate any advice you think may be helpful - thank you 😃

• Posted

Hi Lara

it sounds to me like adhesions, i know a friend who had hysterectomy and excerised 6 wks after her op and she was in awful agony with the same symptoms you have, the pulling pain especially. she ended up being on sick leave for 12 mths! After alot of investigations she was told her ovaries had died as hers had not be taken away when she had her hysterectomy and she also had alot of adhesions due to excersing. She had another op to take away her ovaries and to release all the adhesions she had ( the scar tissue had stuck to her bowel causing great pain) Since having all this done she looks 10 years younger due to being pain free. I would try to get yours investigated and dont give up. i still get pain a couple of days a month but just put up with it and take painkillers. Hope you get sorted

• Posted

Hi nannyrose - thank you for your reply. your advice sounds good and i will follow up - i hope you get sorted too 😃

• Posted

hi I've had my hysterectomy 2 years ago now ,but I know my consulted said it will take years to heal properly ,but my stomach looks like bloated (big) and on my left side I keep getting stinging pains .

I think Ive done to much in work ,lifting

pulled inside and my lower back is killing too .

don't know if anyone can give me some idea what wrong please

• Posted

Hi Bluegreek, sounds like scar tissue maybe? i would say make appointment with Doctor but with Covid i m not sure what the procedure would be? I still get pains a couple of days every month, feels like pulling inside where my uterus used to be, i just take tablets, really dont want another op for adhesions. My Gyno told me last time to go back if it still persisted and she would investigate but i just 'put up' with it now. Be kind to your tummy area, dont try to over-do any exercises, if you do build yourself up slowly. My stomach has never gone flat after the op, in fact its bigger than its ever been from the scar and i hate it. What we have to endure just to be on the safe side of everything.

• Posted

Hi nannyrose.

I know what your going through. i had a total hysterectomy nearly 12 months ago and the aching and pressure at the bottom of my stomach is terrible now. i cant stand for long.

• Posted

Hi. I had an abdominal hysterectomy 4 yrs ago. Hate to say that my tummy still bloats and pulls about twice a week. In the evenings it gets so bloated after 6pm i look 4 months preg! in the morning its flat again. Some days my tummy feels so much pressure at the bottom, and pulls so much and i feel like i have to hold it with my hands to kinda secure it. I'm only 108lbs so its not "fat". Dont know what it is... like i said its flat again in the morning.? anyone else have this?? thanks!

• Posted

Hi Cin, I had the same problem, I did hysterectomy 8mths ago in the morning my tummy is flat and soon as I eat I get so blooted. I have to lift my tummy just like you. I only have pain when I lift heavy stuff or carry my shopping.

• Posted

I had a hysterectomy 16 months ago and I have what feels like ovulation pain maybe 2 times a month ( each time it lasts a couple of days). I'm so over this. all the ultrasounds always come clear. It's very frustrating. I don't know what to do next.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.