Pain 2 years after total hysterectomy

Posted , 15 users are following.

im experiencing pelvis pain, where my uterus used to be, I had everything removed so wondering what are these twinges and pains that come and go? Anybody had this?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for this thread. I thought I was going mad. I had an abdominal hysterectomy as a final ditch to correct damage done by a terrible Gynaecologist in Australia. This man had ruined so many lives before he came and practiced at Manning Base Hospital but no one spoke out. As a registered nurse at a near by country hospital we had heard nothing about him and I had him perform a uterine ablation and wished he had never touched me. My final solution to correct damage was hysterectomy in October 2018. The care at Manning Hospital was less than stellar and the nurses failed to see how sick I was after surgery until I was begging them to turn off lights and projectile vomiting, even wetting myself and being thrown continence aides and told to 'put them on', and being left to make the bed after I wet it vomiting. Almost three years later I have hideous pain that is rarely resolved. I have terrible pelvic pain and lower back pain, usually more focused on (R) side of my lower back and sex is so painful I dread my husband touching me. I have had scans after surgery and they show nothing. There are days I feel so low, but as my husband is unable to work I have to drag myself out of bed and go to work as a Registered Nurse at my local nursing home. The pain is taking it's toll. I do not want any more surgery and as it is about an hour drive to work cannot afford to be on opioid pain relief. We are on an isolated farm and I need to work to support it. We went camping this weekend and my husband doesn't understand how the pain is affecting me.Also often feel nauseous which certainly doesn't help.

I am just glad other women are living like I do.

• Posted

hi ! i'm so glad i've found this thread . i had a hysterectomy 14 months ago and i ve started having a sharp pain in my right ovary and its getting worse when i do certain movements . i 'm

worried its gonna be something that will need another surgery. i have ptsd from my last surgery which was an emergency hysterectomy . An hour after a c section, i started to bleed internally and had to be rushed back to the OR to save my life. i'm really hoping and praying its nothing that will require surgery. the pain is quite intense and i'm terrified! has anyone ever gone through another op a year post hysterectomy and what was the reason?

• Posted

I'm experiencing lower abdominal and vaginal pain/discomfort two years after my complete hysterectomy. Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain? How can I prevent it? I have no family members to discuss this with and honestly between the hormone replacement therapy and my routine vitamins and antidepressants, I feel like a financial burden to my husband. However, I feel validated after reading other women are experiencing this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.