Pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

I read all the posts and think everyone is doing so much better than me with their recovery

i still don't sleep any more than 2 hours at a time and wake up with pain in the whole of my leg 

day times aren't too bad but I still struggle

the knee is still bruised and swollen 12 weeks on from Op

My bend is good and I can now straighten my knee

any advice  about the pain would be appreciated 

Jean 

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, Nursing is not what it was. Still love it though. Have got used to letting all the crap and politics go over my head. I work in maternity. Love the cuddles. Does make a difference when you can choose to work or not. Waiting for the Jan roster. If crap duties will retire.

Christine NZ

• Posted

In the 60s 70s we worked longer hours worked harder but it was enjoyable and pple were happy. Now pressure of meeting targets is unbelievable. The patient was moved from centre stage to off stage. Money has taken centre stage. Thats one of the reasons so many people on here are not getting the physio they needs and consultants are discharging them so quickly
    • Posted

My daughter is in NNU - even more cuddles! She did the training for midwifery, so did her cousin in fact, both of them fully qualified general nurses first - but both realised how much nastiness there was in midwifery and opted for NNU. Love it to bits both of them.
    • Posted

I agree... It was as if the ward physios couldn't wait to get me to do the required exercises quick enough.... ii couldn't manage the stairs one and they came back later in day ... when I managed it I was discharged.. had no other follow up or physio til I went private.... by which time I could barely walk.... shocking.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.