pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

In so much pain tonight I could cry my bunion opp and toe straightened was 12 weeks ago and today is the worst pain ever anyone else experience this 

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I can only tell you that I am sitting here with my foot elevated and could cry with you, it's only  4 weeks since my op and  I'm waiting to take next pain pills.  The cast I've got on is so tight, I keep waiting for a better day..... Have you done anything that could have started this or have you had pain every day like this?
  • Posted

I'm 10 weeks last Friday and I'm not sure if I'm in pain or just feeling

uncomfortable......or both. My feet feel as though someone has rubbed

sand paper all around them and taken the skin off....they feel grazed and

stingy as do the toes. My toe straightening hasn't worked as well as it

should have so I have to massage it and it's making if sore.

Have you been doing more than usual over the last few weeks?

I think we're lead to believe once the dressings come off everything will

be back to normal.

• Posted

Not more than usual they are also very stingy when anything touches them
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth.  I really sympathise with you.  I am 11 weeks post bunion bone fusion surgery and I am really suffering too.  I have started to wear a support surgical bandage around my foot which is easing the pain along with elevation and ice packs. It certainly isn't easy, especially with all the preparations for Christmas.  I'm taking paracetamol and iproprofen every four hours and resting the foot as much as I can! Let's hope the New Year will bring less pain.  Good Luck and hope your pain eases soon.  It will get better!
  • Posted

Hi are u still in a boot?  
    • Posted

Wow I am 14 post op  and my bones took a little longer to heal. .I am still in a boot just stated walking with it 2 weeks ago. .and I can't seem to get going to good yet..don't have much pain but I wrap it with Co-band is like a wrap it helps with swelling. ..are u walking good  yet? 
  • Posted

Really sympathise with you all.  Please please do as you are told while you are off. I am 9 weeks post opp and back at work on a 6 week phased return. So far they have had me in the office twice trying to make me increase the hours is suggested, even making week 6 a full time week. Hey are really piling the pressure. What they don't see is once I am home, feet elevated, swollen and uncomfortable. So girls...... Do not return to work unless you are totally confident in doing so. I had both big toes broken shaved and screwed and still unable to wear proper shoes but that seems to count for nothi.  Sorry to rant but trust me..... Take advantage of your time home and rest rat rat . Good luck and hope you all start to feel less pain x
  • Posted

Very good advice from Paula do rest when u can. I went back at 6 weeks am now 11 weeks with very swollen foot still due to long commute and busy days on my feet all day. Luckily off for Xmas but us a slow healing process. Plus I may have to have further surgery as toe is not straight and bunion remains quite prominent. I now have some pain around nail bed where my boots have rubbed. Still cannot get into normal shoes. Wish I could permanently wear fitfloos.
  • Posted

I hope that you are feeling better now, how are things. I'm still in pain, the cast I have on is still so painful, it's pulling across the base of my toe and where the bunion was. 
    • Posted

My Dr have me some Co-band is like a wrap it helped alot. . Or they will have it at your local drug store
    • Posted

Sorry to hear about everyone's pain.  I am 9+ weeks post operative bunion surgery...Two pins were put in my big toe and one in my second toe.  I still have lots of swelling and pain...it's very "stingy" and numb at the same time...very uncomfortable....have alot of trouble sleeping too  I still walk with a pronounced limp and feel like I'm walking on a marble where the ball of my foot is.  I absolutely can not walk without shoes..way too much pressure on the ball of my big toe.  My big toe has tremendous pressure and feels like someone is squeezing the hell out of it.  My surgeon told me to resume my normal activities two weeks ago.  I'm sure he's smoking way too much medical marijuana.  I swim 7 days a week and even that feels considerably worse than before I had the surgery.  I still feel like I've made no progress.  Previously, I had ACL surgery and rotator cuff surgery (ex-athlete) and feel like both were no big deal.  I did all the rehab the surgeons told me to do and was playing tennis and basketball again within four months...THIS is a totally different story.  My advice is, don't get bunion surgery unless you absolutely can't walk.
    • Posted

Elizabeth my scars were becoming sore and uncomfortable, on

the rare occations that I wore shoes they were soon taken off as

they seemed to rub on my scars. So every night I soak them in

warm water with epsom salts for 20 minutes then dry them and

massage bio oil or almond oil to which I add a nice

aromatherapy oil too....If possible rub the scar quite firmly as

this will break up the scar tissue and over time will give relief.

I would even go as far as using Olive oil if you have no other oil,

You don't need much just enough so that your fingers can

massage the scar smoothly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.