pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

In so much pain tonight I could cry my bunion opp and toe straightened was 12 weeks ago and today is the worst pain ever anyone else experience this 

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have had cast of and now in black boot for last week.foot feeling not so crushed. But pain still across base of big toe  and where the bunion was.   Like the toe was being sawn off. Anyone else felt the same? How are things now for you. 
    • Posted

Can you go back to Dr?  They might x Ray it again to see what has happened. It's five weeks today since my op and  I feel  it should be better than it is. My foot keeps going icy cold. It gets worse as the day goes on and by bedtime I could scream, I'm hoping tonight will be better as I don't have the cast on, and can take this boot off.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

My doctor has ordered a CT scan for my foot.  Can't do an MRI because of the metal in my toes....hopefully that will help define the problem.  Perhaps you should consider that too

• Posted

How are you now?   Is the pain still the same, I hope it's improved.   I've got a swollen foot, looks awful,  it will be six weeks on Monday, it's been a long time.....progress is very slow. Can only wear a pair of husbands slippers when not in boot. Dread to think what shoes I can wear....... Walking with boot has made my back hurt, I had problems there anyway.  Oh joy!  Any tips from anyone on resuming  walking..... 
    • Posted

Hi Anita,

I'm maybe slightly better after 11 weeks.  Sorry to hear you're not feeling too well...waiting to hear on the CT scan I took a couple of days ago.  I, too have alot of back pain and the toe surgery has made it worse...very tough to get out of bed.

When I first started walking without the boot, I used crutches which helped my back because it kept my posture "even."  You might try that for a while.  Hope you improve.

• Posted

I'm back wearing ugg boots and trainers foot still hurts but getting there some days are better can walk yet in sock soles 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.