Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

its a year since my knee replacement and still am having pain and swelling now and again anyone else having the same problems.. i have a great bend radius and can straighten it well

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm 15 months. I have electric shock pain on the right side and a lit if pain on the left. I'm worse now than before the surgery. obviously I can't kneel and I'm so depressed since I can't do much of anything that I could before. I have a puffy spot on the right side of my knee and that knee is twice the size of my good knee.

what did your dr. say about your pain?

• Posted

7 months post op TLKR and i am same boat. severe swelling, ROM has diminished. they did a fluid draw, no infection, nothing loose, but i make scar tissue to fast so have lots of clicking and it hurts! Wear soft brace for 3 more months..what the hell! This is exactly how it was before surgery. wish i would have never done it, and thank god my other knee is ok! Good luck hope everything turns out for you.

• Posted

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/other-pain-after-a-tkr-641040

First, "a year" is not a magic number. Most of us still deal with some ancillary pain, stiffness, noises, etc. to the 18-month mark or beyond. That remaining discomfort goes away gradually.

The biggest problems occur for those who do not do the full muscle rebuild work (usually done in months 4 through 10). This takes the pressure off the knee and puts it back on the supporting musculature (quads, glutes, core, hip flexors, etc.) where it belongs. Strengthening those muscles will be your biggest challenge and friend in any attempt to avoid pain and swelling.

• Posted

I am two years plus and still have swelling etc, but its a damn sight better than a wheel chair.

i accept that my knees are never gonna be like when i was in my prime.

yours dont sound too bad.

Mike

• Posted

Hi Ruth, yes I have same problem. It's 6 months since I had my TKR...every morning it is really stiff and pains me when I walk..I have to take pain killers 2 or 3 times daily, I was hoping when I reached the 12 month mark it would be back to normal...

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.