Pain after Frozen Shoulder Manipulation

Posted , 16 users are following.

I had shoulder arthroscopy and manipulation for my frozen shoulder 3 weeks ago.  I am in regular PT and I am gaining range of motion slowly. I expected the PT to be painful based on both what I have read and what my doctor told me, however, my resting pain is as bad and worse at times than before the procedure.  I am curious as to what others that have been through this has experienced concerning pain after the procedure. 

This is by far the most painful condition I have ever dealt with. The pain in nonstop. Pain meds help take the edge off, but as soon as it wears off, it gets really bad again. I have tried ice for pain &  heat for the muscles. 

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am getting a manipulation after a CT to assess risk of fracture. The pain is bad now. Is it better after surgery?

• Posted

No, once the pain block wore off, the pain was just as bad if not worse. However, I was able to move more and progress with my PT.
  • Posted

I came upon this discussion after searching for answers to pain and discomfort after surgery from adhesive capsullitis. I’m at the very least happy to hear it’s not just me who continues to have constant pain and difficulty sleeping after surgery. I’m hoping there’s light at the end of the tunnel. This is getting frustrating and depressing with no relieve. 
  • Posted

I fractured the head of my humerus 8 months ago at work. Am finally scheduled for surgery next month. I hope it works. It's been terrible.

• Posted

Hi

I am about 5 months post MUA. I have had P.T. and two cortisone shots. I am now having pain at night that keeps waking me up. it isn't muscle pain, but a sharp pinging pain. if I move my arm wrong the pain strikes me and lingers like you hit your funny bone. I hate going to bed at night as I know the pain will kick in.

I have a Dr appt this week with the surgeon about my pain.

Anyone else experience this type pain? have you any success in healing from this?

Kitty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.