Pain after physio

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi guys thanks for all your replies it was really helpful but what a difference a day makes. I had my first physio appt yesterday and thry have you doing a circuit of recumbent bike, trampoline, stairs, treadmill, risimg from chair and leg straightening with weights. Today i am in agony and no painkiller is touching the pain ive tried all the usua things but nothings working and its so painful to walk on it. Should i just rest it today or should i continue with the exercises as usual or is this common after physio. Ive also read that heat is good for the knee but i have just been icing when is the best time to use heat.

Thanks.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Trampoline- you got to be kidding. Geez. I would rest a little today - maybe some of your balance exercises or some low impact. I found that PT just made my knee swell

More, which makes it near impossible to bend. It will get better but I am finding out everyone is different.

• Posted

Thanks i think resting and icing is best for today and hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.
  • Posted

TRAMPOLINING???????  I really don't know about this aspect, but if it were me, I'd be wanting to check this out with the surgeon.  The thought of it made me feel sick!  It's normally heat before exercise and ice after, as far as I'm aware.  But just make sure you're not wearing that knee out prematurely.  It really might be fine, but if it were me I'd be checking it out with the surgeon.

• Posted

Well i just hope that resting and icing today will help. I was starting to do really well with walking but since physio yesterday i now keep getting a stabbing pain on tbe inner side of my knee when i walk. I had this a couple of weeks ago but it went away hope it does the same now. Going to keep icing today and rest it and hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.
    • Posted

Looking this up, it seems that some do recommend gentle 'rebounder' exercises, to my surprise!  There seem to be conflicting views on it, but certainly some believe it's good!  I hope you recover soon now. 

• Posted

Rest. Stretch only. I pushed many times after and suffered for it. You will still get better! Never slept well after physio as many as 3nights!
    • Posted

Thanks that makes me feel better as knee still hurts now im just going to rest and ice it today.

• Posted

Omg trampolining ... this one's a new one to me lol

Sounds like you did way too much too soon.

Rest, elevate and ice ... just do gentle stretches and keep topping up your meds.

Oooh and nap whenever your body tells you to, it's natures way of healing x

• Posted

My last message is being moderated for some odd reason lol

Trampolining ... omg 😲 

Rest, ice and elevate ... nap when ever your body tells you to. That's when it's healing x

• Posted

I would be in so much pain after physio. that I couldn't do anything for a couple of days .. it did get better after time . then one day the therapist leaned with all his weight on my knee . and I literally could not walk for 4 days after .. I agree with everyone else ..  rest and ice .. 

• Posted

Did it hurt when you were doing the exercises at all? Or was it something which emerged after?
    • Posted

Hi jenny, no it didnt hurt when i was exercising or i would have stopped it only really started hurtung more than normal today. Ive rested and iced today so hoping i will feel better timorrow.

Thanks

• Posted

Well, that sounds completely normal...unfortunately...  A lot of people experience that post-PT pain and head it off by taking some meds an hour before a session.  If it's an opioid, you can't drive yourself there.

All that work inflames the knee.  ICE...ICE...ICE!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.