Pain after surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello i am writing seeking advice or thoughts. I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago. Iv been having a sharp pain in the right side of my lower stomach by my bellybutton. Not to sure if its something i should be considered. It hurts more when I have to use the bathroom, when i sneeze. It huts bad. Im afraid it might be somthing bad. Can someone give me some feedback or information if possible?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Very common lovely.. It is early days yet. Just check your belly button wound is healing ok. as it is a magnet for germs .. I got a small infection in mine but cleared up after 2 days of antibiotics.

Also try usong a pillow over your tum when you sneeze etc .. i used to go to bathroom with a pillow 😊

I had mine removed in December and i am fine now. Be kind to your self , although its keyhole its still surgery and everuthing has been pushed and shoved about xx

• Posted

Thank you so much gill it really helps me cleared my thoughts.
  • Posted

Some pains and aches are fairly common after surgery for about 6 weeks as healing is still taking place and in the case of gb surgery, your digestive system will be still adjusting to the new arrangements. It does take time, I'm 5 weeks post op and have random pains now and then due to food digesting, gas pain, or when moving as there will be some scarring inside.

?Take it easy in all respects. If the pain concerns you or gets more persistent, get checked out. Good luck with recovery.

• Posted

Take it slow and easy , but you may have trapped air , the more you walk around the better it will get . I'm 6 weeks post op, and it's harder than people led me to believe ! Take it easy allow your body to heal

• Posted

Hi Laura

Your right it is harder than what your told.... I think because your in and out in a day people expect you to be fine.

But if i am honest it was about 10 -11 weeks before i was spot on..

I had a lot of phantom pains.. lol i was convinced by gall bladder was still there as i still had the pain and in my shoulder blade... I thought id lost the plot ... But finally they have gone now...

So healing is key and not to feel guilth about it 😊

xx

• Posted

Wow that long. Okay I hope it only gets better because if it doesn't then I think I might want to get checked. I know I might sound crazy but its the first surgery and I am a bit scared 😕 that something wrong is going on. But listening to your comments makes be a litter better. Thank you.

• Posted

One of my collegues after 4 weeks post op had the same pains and she went back to docs and they gave her a scan as bless her she was convinced they had left something inside.. but it was ok .. they explained that its like phantom pains and evrything settled after 6 weeks with her. but i think i was longer because i had suffered with gall stones for so long.. ievrything had to settle ... and not a twings now 😊

• Posted

HI Isabel,

It has been about 2 months since I had my GB out. I had a sharp pain on my right side also and it went partly around my back. And some times it was there or not. I have not had that pain that much anymore. only some times. But maybe you should call the office of the surgeon who did the surgery as I had a lady who was his PA and I could call and ask any problems. That way they can tell you, what it may be. If it gets that bad I would go to the ER. Good Luck, I hope you feel better soon. I agree with the others. IT should go away but have it checked if it continues. I have a problem with my eating. If I eat the wrong thing I get bad stomahe aches. 

• Posted

Omg so do I whatever I eat my stomach hurts and there i go to the bathroom but on top of that i have a sharp pain. Its the first surgery that i have been through so I guess I am just a bit scared.
    • Posted

well did they tell you that you can not have milk cheese and other foods after as it will hurt your stomache if i try to eat chocolate i pay for it dearly in and out of the bathroom. my doctor told me to have a fat free diet nonfat creek yogurt and Keifer in a bottle near the yogurts. and then you can slowly try to eat what you can tolerate. everyone is differnt they gave me sod the orange flavor to put in what ever you are drinking i did not like it so i stopped trying to take it some people like it, they did not tell you any thing about what to eat my PCP had me see a nutrisionst and she told me to take lactaid pill before i eat and it ususally works. i am getting better so you are at the beginning. but i hope it gets better real soon for you. i was a scared to eat and lost weight. now i feel like i am puting it back on not that i want to but i am back to eating more. you will get better. good luck 
    • Posted

The dr told me I could eat anything , I've kept nausea for weeks, also anxiety hasn't helped me. I've finally slowly getting over anxiety I hope . The dr has given me three diff meds for nausea, I seem to be doing better with the last med . Advice from others is I need to allow more time , 6 weeks post op isn't long enough for some people , and I guess that's me. Hang in there , that's what I'm

Doing 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

So do i Terry.. It is trail and error at first... weird but i cant eat bread now , and jacket potatoes but i can eat curry lol.

Weird 🤓

• Posted

Isabel,

the sharp pain i still get some times but no much. I know how that can be as it is your first surgery. But if you eat something just eat a little at first to see how your stomache reacts to it. The Mayo clinic is on line look it up as if you make an accout it is free i think they charge you if you get there diet. i get email updates pages that gives you alot of info.  good luck

• Posted

Hi sorry your feeling like this. Im also feeling a pain the same as yours but i still have my gallbladder and am waiting for surgery because of gallstones. Same as you it has worried me aswell. Have you spoke to the doctors or hospital about it? please keep me updated on how you get on and i hope you get things sorted and feel better soon from carmella.
    • Posted

Hello I have spoken to the doctor that perform the surgery he said that because I didn't poop for 4 days after the surgery everything's backed up in my colon and I need to basic and take it out and also that because of the incisions you did have to go through some muscle and the muscles trying to heal itself. But I am just concerned because it's a sharp pain close to my belly button witch hats where they take your gallbladder out is through your belly button but it's not anywhere near my incisions and it is kind of painful in just a little concerning because it is my first surgery and I have never experienced pre-op pains or anything but thank God everything came out great in the surgery keep me posted with your surgery I will pray that everything goes well during the surgery and for a good recovery for you as well thank you for your comment really appreciate it

• Posted

Im so happy you found out what was happening and more about it smile this will be my first surgery to im scared but this site has really helped me by talking about my worries to people smile and i will keep you updated when i have had the surgery to take care from carmella.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.