Pain after surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello i am writing seeking advice or thoughts. I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago. Iv been having a sharp pain in the right side of my lower stomach by my bellybutton. Not to sure if its something i should be considered. It hurts more when I have to use the bathroom, when i sneeze. It huts bad. Im afraid it might be somthing bad. Can someone give me some feedback or information if possible?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Isabel

Have you changed your diet and gone dairy free, my daughter has really been suffering & her consultant told her to do this, we brought lactose free & she is a lot better still uncomfortable but it's more manageable. But if in doubt go get checked out

Regards

Carol

• Posted

Hello Carol. I have changed it a bit due to the fact that i forget to eat now because I dont get hungry like i use to. But i do drink regular milk. And dairy products. I will try that and only get lactose products. Thank u for the information. 😊

• Posted

No problem Isabel,

It's a massive learning curve , but it has made a very big difference to her & like you she doesn't feel hungry more to the pain and discomfort. But her consultant is fantastic and he said it is very difficult as each person is different, but dairy should stop for at least 4 months then depending on how you are doing you can try re-introducing very slowly . But the actual range Lactose Free has a really good range , milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, pasta , quiches, sauces. And soya has worked well for her also. She was being sick all the time but that has now stopped since the changes. Still dull pain & some sharp but much more manageable.

Hope it works for you.

Kindest regards

Carol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.