Pain all over...every day

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies, I am seeking advice and wisdom! I lie in bed every night and pain radiates through my body...mainly my arms, neck, shoulders and legs. I toss and turn through the night. When i wake up int the morning, my joints hurt and it is difficult to walk. once I am up, my muscles loosen up but the pain never goes away. I do yoga and low impact aerobics every morning. I have started massage therapy & it really hurts! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia but honestly i think it is more hormone related. Blood work all normal. Haven't had hormone testing. Does anyone else have this pain? Also my armpits are on fire and painful and sometimes it feels like they swell up. On Sunday, i felt like a cold sore/pimple was forming in my armpit. Sure enough a small pea bump formed and hurt like heck (freak out when I google). It has almost disappeared but I have been to the doctor twice about the swelling, pain and bumps. She says its lymph node related but it freaks me out! I recently had a mammogram. Sorry for the rant, just looking for women who are going through the same issues.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No need to be sorry as we all can feel your pain! I am a 44 yr old in peri and i have been in peri since I was 35. My aches and pains in my hands , lower back , knees and feet are 24/7 but after i awake in the morning , during the day my muscles loosen and the pain isnt so bad. I developed a small knot or lump under my right armpit about 8 years ago and now i can squeeze it once a year and it lets out what I assume to be old deoderant ( because its a tissue like aubstance) and then it goes away until the following year. Best of luck to you and just know that we are all here for you!

• Posted

As Debra said above, I feel like an 80 year old woman when I get out of bed. As for your armpit, your pores may be getting clogged. This sounds gross but if I know I am not going out for a couple of days, I stop using deodorant to clean out my pores. I just wipe them off with a warm cloth throughout the day. Usually my bumps disappear within a day or two. Yes, we need to support each other! We are all on the same journey but our paths (symptoms) may be different.

• Posted

i have bad body & muscles pain & I tried these which helped to relieve it so much. The pain is still there but has lessened & it is bearable now.

1. Magnesium supplement
    2. Stretching exercise
    3. Professional massage at least once month or every 3 weeks

Good luck!

• Posted

Good Morning Chickade & Lisa - Thank you Lisa for all your wealth of information - like a dummy, i wasnt thinking when i asked you about the deodorant...of course i realize that all these toxins we expose our bodies to affect our hormones & general well being - i just went thru chemical toxicity screening thru my dermatologist so i know our bodies are constantly exposed to lots of chemical toxins - Lisa, i did look up the trigger points for fibromyalgia, i must say that most of my achiness is from the waist down, i now am starting to experience a little shoulder pain, but i think that might be caused from possibly "frozen shoulder". i again looked over the 10 symptoms of fibromyalgia & the only two that applied to me was achy pain & muscle & joint stiffness. i think that is the reason the Rhumatologist ruled out fibromyalgia - the one thing that just keeps nagging at me, is why did this just come on overnight? also, i had a series of emotionally stressful situations that i had dealt with, death of my parents, abandonment of my sisters in dealing with my parents care & a year long estrangment from my son & daughter-in-law - so i suppose i was prime for pain manifesting itself in my body - i do still allow myself my 1 cup of coffee in the am, i do love red wine, but have had to stop that because of my rosacea, so i will drink white instead, but since white has more sugar than red, i do find i ache more after drinking white wine, in fact eating any sugary thing makes me ache more - another thing, it says that fibromyalgia sufferers seem to get worse as day goes on, i have the opposite, i am very achy in morning, but as i move it gets better - but this isnt caused from arthritis - this is muscle, joint, ligament, tendon ache - btw, have either of you gals experienced burning body parts? my dr said he would give me neurontin (anti seizure) RX for my discomfort & i looked at him crosseyed - i chose to deal with this by taking epsom salt baths, gentle water movement, yoga, acupunture, massage & CBD balm & i do take tumeric, omegas & hot compresses - i just cant handle RX's that well & i do a lot of praying that this to shall pass - thanks ladies - be well -

• Posted

Hey Debra, Thank you for sharing what you’re going through, let me tell you, you’re and my life are very parallel. I cannot tell you the number of people I know that have family estrangement etc. and it’s one of the most painful experiences. I am estranged from my siblings and basically was erased for telling the truth about my brothers severe abuse towards us. That had to be very painful being estranged from your son, believe me ...stress is the worst thing for the body, you probably already know this, however I don’t think we really realize it until it hits us. an elderly friend of mine had to have a couple back surgeries and his surgeon said stress is the worst thing for the back. And honestly stress and lack of sleep are two of the worst things for fibromyalgia. I know he said you don’t have that but I don’t think you have to have exactly what is described to have it. And fibromyalgia is very temperamental, every morning I get up, I walk like an 80-year-old ...and I think dear god... plz help me, and if I take a hot shower which I think is very important to get the circulation going, it really does help a great deal. But it can go either way it can get better as the day goes on or it can get worse and I have to say the weather makes all the difference in the world and the barometric pressure. People that laugh about the barometric pressure affecting health, can go fly a kite. I know from personal experience for years ...barometric pressure has everything to do with how you feel. The burning sensation is very very common. mine started in like 2006 when I was diagnosed with costochondritis, mine I would have to say is predominantly at the sternum ...I was convinced I was dying. I’m just being honest and this pertains to me, but literally I still have it to this day on and off and obviously that’s due to our fluctuating hormones. oh girl, I have excellent excellent information on frozen shoulder, but I will have to private message it to you, the moderator would delete it if I put it on here. It’s really amazing because it has to do with mind body spirit and honestly what you’re going through. regarding the NEURONTIN, my doctors friend recently tried to prescribe her the same thing and she said no thank you. That’s the way these RX drugs are designed, the side effects aren’t worth even if it could help a little bit. And I know what you mean when it seems it happens overnight. I swear that every birthday since 50 and I’m now 54, a new symptom has slapped me in the face literally on the day of my birthday. That again obviously has a fluctuating hormones. Your parents ducts, were they long and drawn out and did they happen together? Anything with parents and especially us going through this time is so very difficult. not to sound personal, if you had any unfinished business with your parents, write it down on a piece of paper speak to them verbally the issues you had and then either put the paper folded under a rock or burn it in your backyard and then do some grounding afterwards. By grounding I mean takeoff your shoes and walk in the grass for as long as you can. it’s wonderful that you are spiritual and I pray to God all throughout the day and all the time. Are your sisters or any family members possibly Narcissists, A lot of people don’t realize they’re dealing with narcissist, if you don’t know what that is Google narcissist and gaslighting on Pinterest, it’s a real education. Oh and rosacea, that thing is a beast, try to use essential oil’s for that I found them very helpful and I also stopped using regular toothpaste as the fluoride irritates it, so I use Holistic toothpaste. And yes red wine it’s the tannins that tear us up. but yes the sugar in the white wine, I know what you mean I’m aching like a son of a gun after I drink white wine, I love Sauvignon Blanc, Kim Crawford 😉 today I had a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee and my right knee that has arthritis started bothering me right away, Sugar is a beast also but yummy. Oh and this too shall pass, yes my favorite, my mother always called her that when I was going through a hard time in high school. my favorite however is Jeremiah 29:11.... for I know the plans I have for you ... so reassuring and full of hope. I know that burning is a bugger one of my friends is going through that now as well, see if you can mark on the calendar when you have certain symptoms you’ll see there’s a pattern. hugs to you friend, you’re not alone XO

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.