Pain Clinic

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello, all new to this. x  Have had fibro for many years now, but eventually got referred to pain clinic after Rhuemo said there was nothing more they could do for me. All I can say is what an awful experience, after being examined quite roughly, I was basically told to change my lifestyle, exercise, STOP all painkillers and really should get back to work. Was wondering how any of you have been referred and what was your experience?  Many thanks

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Morning domybest Disgusting behaviour by the person you saw. what I would do is first foremost put in acomplaint against them about your treatment. 2nd I would let my dr know what happened and see what else can be offered to you My rheumatologist that I saw was useless because Im unable to take anything for pain Ive just been left to get on with it, and manage fibro myself. I would go back to your gp. take care
  • Posted

Oh so sorry to hear that. How awful. I had my 1st visit to.the pain clinic last week and it was brilliant really helpful and no physical examinations were needed thank god although I felt the same as you after seeing the rheumatologist as he was very rough x
  • Posted

I have been suffering for over 20yrs and only diagnosed with Fibro Aug 2014.  I was passed from pillar to post over the years and also attended Pain Management Clinic......of which I did not find helpful at the time.

Since learning about my Fibro I was referred by my GP to see a CBT therapist and I found this so useful.  It has made me more of a confident person and taught me how to deal with my day to day routine and staying positive.  

I then seeked into herbal remedies, although this has been a slow process with my herbal remedies of which I started in Feb 2015 to date,I can honestly say I feel better now than I have done in over 20yrs.  Still having issues with sleep and pains in my hands.

I can give you further information if you would like to know more about it if you want to private message me.

Take care and gentle hugs to you.wink  xx

• Posted

Can you please share what herbal remedies you are using. Recently I've been experimenting with essential oils. I put drops in my regular body lotion and it seems to help some pain and the burning.
  • Posted

Awww to all of you Thak you for replying, so easy to think that you are own your own with this. A very frim letter has been sent to PALS and an appointment with GP. Its made me feel like im a hypo and that I'm lying? To top it off got ESA assessment soon....keep thinking what if they dont believe me either? ..... Sending hugs to all x x
  • Posted

Hi young lady..do Not forget,!!, you are not in the wrong....do not worry about..if THEY BELIEVE YOU OR NOT.....you are telling the truth...you have been treated abysmally ! Keep a note of each appointment you attended..and their attitude towards you.... how DARE THEY TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS...when you are unwell you feel vulnerable anyway,,and do their cold and dismissive attitude..normally with an AIR OF DISDAIN CAN CRIPPLE PEOPLE ..snow they lose all their hope..fight ..and nondescript confidence... you will get there because. You deserve to....lots and lots of support to you...hugs also...dee xxx
  • Posted

Sorry.. a few misspellings and wrong words there...the spellchecker fooled me again. ...xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.